Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Gas prices hurts more than healthcare, Americans say

FeedBot

Shell gas payment in a 2018 ChevroletAmericans consider fuel prices more important than their healthcare budget, results of a new study from GasBuddy revealed Tuesday. In fact, Americans would prefer a free fill-up to finding $20 on the street, or even having their meal paid for. The study looked at a small sample of 1,016 Americans that covered all age brackets and income levels;...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Gas prices are the most unpredictable part of the average person's budget.

It's frustrating to watch a 30 cent increase in less than a week for no apparent reason. Milk, butter, lettuce, and cereal don't change that dramatically week over week.

• Like 1

Yeah, its just crazy and can somebody explain how a gas station out in the country, say 40mi from the nearest interstate can be .40 cents cheaper then the station a 1/2 of a block from me that is right off of the exit? Its not any closer to a refinery, small country back roads use more fuel then the interstates. But we see it all over. Just a thought.

PFM - Pure freaking magic.

So no, I can't explain it. It's like the workings of the human mind, it's not something I will ever completely understand - especially notallthere's.

Edited by Frosty

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

PFM - Pure freaking magic.

So no, I can't explain it. It's like the workings of the human mind, it's not something I will ever completely understand - especially notallthere's.

Money! Ah money! Oh ya money. Since 1970 milk has increased about 180%, but eggs have increased about 900%. While regular gas has increased 600%, but cars, say an Impala, has increased 1100%! Now if you assume most things affect the other where is the logic? Oh ya see Frosty’s statement!!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, Wrongway said:

Yeah, its just crazy and can somebody explain how a gas station out in the country, say 40mi from the nearest interstate can be .40 cents cheaper then the station a 1/2 of a block from me that is right off of the exit? Its not any closer to a refinery, small country back roads use more fuel then the interstates. But we see it all over. Just a thought.

I had a gas station owner tell me its because people on the freeway NEED the gas because they seldom realize oh ohhh I'm on E . And they aren't in a situation to drive around and look for cheaper gas.

33 minutes ago, indymanjoe said:

I had a gas station owner tell me its because people on the freeway NEED the gas because they seldom realize oh ohhh I'm on E . And they aren't in a situation to drive around and look for cheaper gas.

My wife is like that. When the low fuel light comes on, she panics and starts looking for the nearest gas station. 

I know most vehicles have a two gallon (or more) remaining capacity when that low fuel light comes on, so the vehicle has between 30-80 miles left to find a gas station. There is no real need to panic. You have to time pull of the highway, pull over, pull up Gas Buddy and find directions to the cheapest gas station closest to you.