Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTB 1955 Chieftain body mounts

Looking for a set of body mounts for my 1955 Chieftain wagon.  I've found a couple of sets but none seem to match the ones that I've pulled off.  Thanks. Photo is when we brought it home.  I've added links to videos of my progress in the progress section.

28827496_10216140411173364_2369191892750806984_o.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Have you tried a kit from either a '55 Chevy Nomad or a Handyman wagon.? A lot of the lower body/chassis components between the Safari and the Nomad are "suppose" to be interchangeable.

You can also try calling the following folks who advise having NOS parts from the 30s to the 70s in the POCI's Smoke Signals magazine. Not sure if they have what you are looking for but it is a lead.

30s - 70s NOS Parts - Robert Christanell, 202 Thorpe Park, Duluth GA 30097 (77) 476-4665 Call with specific part need

30s - 70s NOS Parts and Accessories - Kurt Kelsey Antique Pontiac Parts 14083 P Ave., Iowa Falls, IA 50126-8686  (641) 648-9086   [email protected]

40s - 70s Parts - Don Nowak (716) 824-2292 or [email protected]

Edited by Frosty

All of the photos of chevy mounts that I have seen, both the rubber pieces are round.  The ones off of my wagon have 1 round and 1 square with a metal insert in the square one that protrudes through the hole in the round one.   I think that the Chevy ones would work but I'm not positive.

Have you seen their prices?  If I remember correctly each square one is at or over $22 and the round one is $7

Those are the ones that I need but I need 14 of each.  There has to be a cheaper way. California Pontiac Restoration has something that they say fits.  But there's no photo or drawing.  I dislike buying something that I have no idea is what I need.

CPR's numbers are I think C504373R, C560957R and maybe C519589R.  I am going to phone them to see if I can get some kind of photo or something.

Well CPR has them at $11 per mount.  Times 14.  Guess I'll have to bite the bullet on this one.