Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

Pedja's 1968 Firebird

2019 March
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

alfonsothefons

1967 GTO nostalgia build

1967 gto with vin number raced in the 70's in  NY state

Person before me started the Ohio George look on quarter panels ,I think I will run with it and full aa/ gasser  look and performance in future 

already have a 495 " power plant waiting

FB_IMG_1547658487428.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:welcomeFP:

Exited to see the project continue!

thanks,It has Dana 60 4 link set up and figuring correct way to z the frame for spring clearance and correct spring height for axle ,any tips appreciated

Welcome aboard, Looks like the path of that project has been set. You'll likely need to check in on the PY race section for this type build.

We had a basket case '66 years ago that I contemplated doing a similar build with but never did.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Love the old school stuff.  Best of Luck with it.

Cheers

66 A FX.jpg

66 A FX 2.jpg

67 A FX.jpg

Thanks for the input the Olympia car owner is a nice guy to talk to and using pics of his car to influence build

This should be a fascinating build.

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

This should be a fascinating build.

Agreed.....:pop_corn:

On 1/26/2019 at 11:55 PM, alfonsothefons said:

thanks,It has Dana 60 4 link set up and figuring correct way to z the frame for spring clearance and correct spring height for axle ,any tips appreciated

Welcome to our community!

I take it the Dana is already installed? If so, bracing the frame for added strength is somewhat easy, but who’s going to do the welding?

Edited by Last Indian

The car has been raced with the Dana since 69'  full cage and interior sheet metal interior. was upgraded in 70's using a chevette a arm set up for a while and now going for new straight axle .

my phone has better pics of cage and interior but I can't transfer to media due to my flip star trek retro phone.

as far as welding the new project , I am open to suggestions that include payment with burgers and beers

The car has full tube chassis ,last picture is a before

FB_IMG_1548786989574.jpg

FB_IMG_1548787024780.jpg

FB_IMG_1548786962793.jpg

FB_IMG_1548787013436.jpg

FB_IMG_1548786970438.jpg

• Like 1