Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ford 2011

Ringo64

• Founders

This topic is just basically an observation I just made while watching the game. A commercial came on for Ford and they were showing their SUVs, Trucks and Cars. Just stating random stuff about them, the Sync, blind spot detection, parallel park assist, etc.. I was thinking wow thats pretty cool, good for them BUT then I started to notice that WOW! ALL THEIR CARS LOOK THE SAME! All that is changed between them seems to be size, barely any styling changes what so ever. Ford has gone to the Japanese feel where the car has NO heart what so ever. I know there are things in GM where this has taken over but its not this BAD and I really hope GM doesn't go to this even if it saves GM millions of dollars.

I just hate to see this, American cars to me have heart in them and each car always SEEMED to have a different feel and style to it, I really hope the Japanese way doesn't make it to all...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I think they call it corporate grills or corporate noises. This all started when companies like Toyota, GM & Dodge discovered they all could use one steering wheel design for all there cars to save money and to link all there models together. Just ask how much the Vette people live having a G6 steering wheel lol. If you remember they were none too fond of it. I dont mind have a shared grill design if the cars all look different, Pontiac did this very well for many years.

• Founders

Agreed, the stuff in the Fords are cool but the outside its very similar, but I'm thinking GM is already on the path of the same look...

1.jpg

2008_chevrolet_malibu1.jpg

chevrolet_traverse.jpg

These have the same "styled" grille but aren't exactly the same, body styling is definitely different, etc...

Ford's new lineup just seems so similar its nerve-racking to me. Maybe its because they are huge and obnoxious, I don't know something about them just made them stand out to be more the same than usually cars are.

I think they call it corporate grills or corporate noises. This all started when companies like Toyota, GM & Dodge discovered they all could use one steering wheel design for all there cars to save money and to link all there models together. Just ask how much the Vette people live having a G6 steering wheel lol. If you remember they were none too fond of it. I dont mind have a shared grill design if the cars all look different, Pontiac did this very well for many years.

I do have to say the even though Pontiac had the same grille design on all cars, year in and year out. The styling and overall design of the car was not the same as others. IE even though the Torrent and G6 had the same grille, they each had different body style lines, different headlight designs, etc... They weren't just carbon copies with size differences.

Are they Fords or are they re-badged Mazda's.

As I say this I am going back to my Toyota powered Pontiac.