Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

Cruze is built for solutions, not sacrifices. Along the way, one of the solutions became the small displacement 1.4L turbocharged engine. Combined with a six-speed manual or available automatic transmission, the available turbo is designed to deliver efficiency without compromising performance. For tight turns and flat-out fun, Cruze has rack-mounted electric power steering plus a race-proven Z-link rear suspension. The interior is a marvel of design, with generous space and a fresh approach to console aesthetics. But it is also designed for safety, with features like air bags(1) for heads, chests and knees.

chevrolet-cruze-2011-img_6.jpg

What do you think? I think it sounds sweet! I cant wait to see this hit the showroom as i will be taking a test drive on this one....

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europe and the Middle East market has enjoyed this car for a few years now, and it's been a big seller with excellent reviews from consumers.

From lurking on GM's Facebook page, I notice the usual "American" types nit picking about the fact that it has a 1.4L Turbo four, but it makes as much power as say an LE5 or L61 Ecotec, but better fuel efficency while making the same power.

This car is GM's ticket back into the small car game, and ultimately, IMO, will really change GM's "every man's" image.

IIRC, I think this car is a platform mate of the Opel Insignia/Buick Regal.

I never noticed until now how similar the side profile is, and mirrors are a dead giveaway. :agreed:

Bah, both the Insignia/Regal and Cruze are secks.

Sounds like a little Deja Vu to me. I remember when Pontiac marketted the turbocharged 1.8L J2000 Sunbird GTs from 1984-86. It was more powerful than some of the V6s of the day. I hope GM can make the Cruze a success.

I think it'll be a great car, probably a better seller than the Cobalt too.

:lol2: no offence to Cobalt owners but they just seem too girly like the HHR.... THIS on the other hand is SECKS!

1.6T with the (i am guessing) F40 6 speed MT... Oh man... And a sedan on topof that shit, in white... Not ivory. FORDing WHITE, like championship FORDing white.

Omg. I might break my own "no new cars" rule.

1.6T with the (i am guessing) F40 6 speed MT... Oh man... And a sedan on topof that shit, in white... Not ivory. FORDing WHITE, like championship FORDing white.

Omg. I might break my own "no new cars" rule.

LMAO So much lulz in this :lol2:

' date='Sep 13 2010, 11:00 AM' post='36343']

IIRC, I think this car is a platform mate of the Opel Insignia/Buick Regal.

Derp derp. Scratch that, the Cruze is off the Delta II chassis.

The O'RLY owl's been around for years, as is all their variations.

Anyway, IIRC, GM has AWD variants of the Cruze, and is pondering an AWD SS variant to replace the outgoing Cobalt SS. Same motor and trans, plus AWD in the handsome Cruze body.

We have already began work on the 'Project'...........Managed to get some Camaro 2SS 20"s on it the other day(just not bolted as PCD etc different but they fitted in....)

Here is a little mockup we had a play with....Not finished yet but a start

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2855...102175946507509