Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So here we go again. Lol 2000 Pontiac Grand am 2.4l 243,xxx miles. So as we know the car sat for a wile it was run for a wile with 2 cyls working and two getting fuel. Possible cylinder walls washed and over heated. I think we have piston slap got a few vids of before and after oil change. First vid is old oil second is engine after third is before oil change. If you can hear the second video you can hear the sound well it is under the lifter tick sounds  ... Can also see the glitter in the oil pan I think ?!?!?!?! ...... thanks you-all for the input and help. The whirling nosie is the alt btw

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Or is it perfectly normal sounding engine for the miles and I might have a little PTSD from cars leaving me on the side of the road. Witch btw 2 of 4 where Ford Tauruses, one was a Mazda 323 I burned up clutch and last was a 1995 Grand am 2.3 ouad 4 witch had problems lots witch showed it's colors after I redlined it at like 99mph maybe faster and caused rod knock. The oil light would flicker at idle on the way home. (This story is the car to the grave) witch was 80 to 90 miles ... It was horrible loud it finally locked up 3 miles from home. It wouldn't even turn over. O and mind the water pump also when out on the way and stopped by two creeks to fill up radiator lol. The oil was changed two days before and was dark gray when it died. 

Opened oil filter and found no shavings or specks of metal that I could see. There was a fair amount of dirt however so yeah. 

That o2 was the upstream one changed it two month ago w downstream

20181207_212144.jpg

Edited by Lynn5907