Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So just replaced some parts they where shot. Makes me wonder what the heck hell these parts suffered. Lol. The caliper on driver's side was so bad it broke my c-clamp. Had to undo brake line and beat the heck out of it with πŸ”¨ untill it worked. Wound up replacing however! There was a feeling of unblanced tire magically it when away lol.... Anything else or tips I should know or do anything thing else? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Look at that rotor πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ dang cat 🀣🀣🀣🀣

15438007425488935277212884858932.jpg

15438008872386047762549121286949.jpg

15438009148734298367063725605313.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to all the joys and frustrations of DIY !!!!Β  Don't be cheap on brake parts. Use good quality parts through out. The brakes you put on are suppose to save your life.

It's amazing the abuse we and previous owners put our cars and trucks through. You rotor is so rusted and pitted, it makes me wonder how long its been sitting.

Yeah I left them in the rain a few days for I took the pic or are you talking about the center of them? I do think the car sat for like a year n half ... And change the oil was first on list lol.Β 

39 minutes ago, Lynn5907 said:

Yeah I left them in the rain a few days for I took the pic or are you talking about the center of them? I do think the car sat for like a year n half ... And change the oil was first on list lol.Β 

I am definitely talking about the center / brake pad contact point of the rotor. No way in blazes that thing should be that badly rusted and pitted with daily use. It had to have sat for a while.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lynn5907 said:

So just replaced some parts they where shot. Makes me wonder what the heck hell these parts suffered. Lol. The caliper on driver's side was so bad it broke my c-clamp. Had to undo brake line and beat the heck out of it with πŸ”¨ untill it worked. Wound up replacing however! There was a feeling of unblanced tire magically it when away lol.... Anything else or tips I should know or do anything thing else? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Look at that rotor πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ dang cat 🀣🀣🀣🀣

15438007425488935277212884858932.jpg

15438008872386047762549121286949.jpg

15438009148734298367063725605313.jpg

Might not be a bad idea to replace the rubber lines that run to the calipers from the hard lines....

Cats are cool..Have a couple myself....

Cool thanks people. Frosty that confirms the thought this car sat for awile. Center part is in-between the two breaking contact point. They didn't look that bad when I had taken them off the car btw. The contact point was clean but pitted and groovedΒ 

Edited by Lynn5907
  • Thanks 1