Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 exhaust options

Well i just got some of my leftover grant money from school and I've decided to upgrade my exhaust. So i was hoping for some input from some of my fellow g6 owners on what exhaust upgrades they have chosen and if possible prices. Thanks in advance

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of good answers to exhaust.

There is always a GTP take-off if you are just looking for a cheap dual setup, that is what i did years ago. I just hacked the resinator out and put in a 12" bullett style resinator to liven it up a touch.

Then there is a variation of magnaflow products. The camaro mufflermis a good option and it is also the base for the "GTR" According to the vendor, it has been taken apart and re baffled for increased low end torque specifiv to our cars, and he has many satisfied customers.

Personally i would do a custom setup with dual mufflers similar to what a member "Kmann" over on G6P.

if u want grumble do flowmaster if u want a smoother sound do magnaflow and u dont need the GTR just go to a shop be like i want this get a high flow res or a glasspack or itll be raspy and its like 275-360...just do u research on g6p for exhaust clips

• Founders
' date='Sep 10 2010, 08:36 AM' post='36202']

Flowmaster 80 series muffler with a glasspack in place of the stock resonator. Keep the 2.25" pipping for no rasp. This setup is a proven 5HP gain.

What I will hopefully be doing in a month... Once I find the god damn GM ground effects kit for a GTP coupes

Oh and if you like the way it sound on Marks video... you'll LOVE the way it sound by adding the Cherrybomb!!!

Thanks to Chris and Mark of course... I went THIS route!

you had it for the SB meet, right?

I honestly don't remember, I don't think so though... I MAY have.

plus a Cherrybomb glasspack...

BTW... I literally have this set up... lol

lol LITERALLY (it's my old one)

Oh and if you like the way it sound on Marks video... you'll LOVE the way it sound by adding the Cherrybomb!!!

Thanks to Chris and Mark of course... I went THIS route!

You're welcome!

Of course. :agreed:

I forget the part numbers, but the Flowmaster 80 series is made for the F-bodies, so by looking up Camaro/Firebid applications, you'll find it. 2.5" inlet and outlet.

Glasspack, it can be Cherry Bomb, Thrush, Purple Horny or any other known brand name, as long as it's 18" in length, and 2.25" inlet and outlet.

Thanks that made my life easier now i just need to decide on what tips i want

Get CherryBomb 4" tips/ Part # 577577. buy them from summit. dirt cheap.

I honestly don't remember, I don't think so though... I MAY have.

well, you had a nice and loud sound. and if it was stock, then i can only imagine the greatness the aftermarket exhaust would sound.

well, you had a nice and loud sound. and if it was stock, then i can only imagine the greatness the aftermarket exhaust would sound.

I just looked at the pics from the meet and I didn't. That sound was probably from the intake. That Injen was really great. Even better when I got CRABs...

• 4 weeks later...

INSPIRATION::

I'm going to be doing a setup like this. Been talking 80 series for probably a year now because my Dynaflow just aint cuttin it haha. And I have the Thrush 27" Glasspack in there which just isn't cutting it either. Thinking of dropping down to a shorty Cherry Bomb, getting an 80 series and in the near future running a catless downpipe... that would sound amazing haha