Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2006 Pursuit Traction Control

Guest SweetC

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

The seat belt reminder is there to SAVE your life, wear your seat belt!!!! Everybody should have the same goal, to not go through a windshield!

A Pursuit is a G5 or Cobalt, correct? If so if you can turn the TC on or off you will have a button labeled to do so to the left of the driver wheel if I'm not mistaken.

Also I created a new forum topic for just these kinds of things cause I wouldn't really call this a how-to per say.

The seat belt reminder is there to SAVE your life, wear your seat belt!!!! Everybody should have the same goal, to not go through a windshield!

A Pursuit is a G5 or Cobalt, correct?

correct and correct.

I understand that you don't like the ding, but I wouldn't recommend disabling it... and the only way to really disable it that I know of is to find the little tiny speaker that its hooked up to and remove it, but that might also remove other sounds the are played through it...

I have a used Chevy Cobalt at work, ill find where the button is for you 2mmorow. :rolleyes:

Please where your seat belt. B)

Edit:

I just checked for you and if you dont have a button for the TC you dont have TC. Also when you start it up look at all the warning lights on your instrument panel if you dont see a TC light up for a second then you dont have it. My geuss is you dont ave ABS too and you can check the same way. :)

Also a way to turn off the T/C I found is to put it in the lowest gear, at least in cobalts not sure about g5's.

The G5 should be the same as the Cobalt, correct? I mean, there isn't anything different besides cosmetics primarily, right?

i do know for a fact that the cobalt ss has a TC toggle cuz my buddies that is in my car club has one. (driven his car before and toggled it myself) but again, that is the SS supercharged

and also agree with the seatbelt thing. i love my car for having the passenger side seat belt reminder. i always get after everyone that sits in my passenger seat and tell them, "if you don't put your seat belt on, it won't stop ringing." in reality, it does but the flashing icon in the middle of the dash annoys me after a while of flashing. lol

• Founders

i do know for a fact that the cobalt ss has a TC toggle cuz my buddies that is in my car club has one. (driven his car before and toggled it myself) but again, that is the SS supercharged

and also agree with the seatbelt thing. i love my car for having the passenger side seat belt reminder. i always get after everyone that sits in my passenger seat and tell them, "if you don't put your seat belt on, it won't stop ringing." in reality, it does but the flashing icon in the middle of the dash annoys me after a while of flashing. lol

:D

Same thing except that the G6 will ding every couple minutes or so after initial like 2 minutes of straight dinging B)

Yeah, my car keeps dinging and people are like what's that and I'm reply "It's my car telling you to buckle the **** up!" :D

Same here!!! B)