Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

chrome, very nice pick sir congrats! Hey is it possible to fit 10 under these cars with no rub? The consensus is usually 50/50 yes and no votes. backspace and tire size if you say yes sir.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, Frosty said:

I just pulled the trigger and I ordered new shoes for Lucy from Summit Racing. They should be here mid-week ~ May 1st.

I followed Indyman Joe's advice - 15x7 in front and 15 x 8 in the rear. 4 inch backspacing.

The winner is:

image.png.6327c064b1586c1d83066d06337f33b4.png

Chromed Rally IIs from Wheel Vintques....no more trim rings to screw around with.

Gonna be killer buddy! JustA about any 5 spoke dresses a car better than other wheels. Those are a great choice.

Just now, Ringo64 said:

No unboxing video? I hear they're all the rage on the interwebs.

Nice though! Congrats!

Careful what you wish for Ringo. Cecil B. DeMille I'm not, but that doesn't mean I can't slop something together.

Thanks!

Thanks. Right now I am thinking that the tires will be B F Goodrich T A radials. The fronts will probably be 255R16x15, the rears 275R60x15.

I have no experience on that particular brand/model, so I cannot give to you a proper feedback unfortunately. However, I am a Bridgestone passionate, because I like tyres that have tough sides being really reactive and direct, albeit other like Michelin. How are these BF Goodrich? Did you just have them on one of your rides?

They sure do. I get the fronts mid-week. I won't be able to get them mounted until around Mother's Day weekend since this weekend is shot moving the kid home from college for the summer.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, Frosty said:

Good news! Two of the four new wheels showed up on Saturday. I got to open them yesterday!!!! These are the rears - 15"x8". The others were coming from Georgia and should be here mid-week.

Joe - don't panic me like that again dude!!!!! 

1990549889_IMG_40201.thumb.JPG.c1913e6eb507a8f6c99df26523ac6c17.JPG

231857929_IMG_40241.thumb.JPG.bb4278dc30e0bf3e0f88e878e4343234.JPG

1994444987_IMG_40231.thumb.JPG.061d80c1bada21be0cb3cb7dae8c5078.JPG

It would appear somebody is having Christmas year around! Open a box here open a box there! I’m thinking the Grinch didn’t steal Christmas!! Cuz you had all the gifts!

Nice. Nah, being Frosty seems to mean we hold onto the Christmas season, including snow, longer than we should. So if that means more Christmas presents for me, I ain't complaining!!!

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Nice. Nah, being Frosty seems to mean we hold onto the Christmas season, including snow, longer than we should. So if that means more Christmas presents for me, I ain't complaining!!!

Well they look great Frosty! JustA don’t go clicking Lucy’s shoes together! 

1 minute ago, Last Indian said:

Well they look great Frosty! JustA don’t go clicking Lucy’s shoes together! 

Roger that. I've already been to Kansas.

1 hour ago, Ringo64 said:

bored kid GIF

All of us waiting for Frosty's amazing wheels to get on Lucy.

Especially me!

• Like 1

All four wheels are now here. It will be next weekend (Mother's Day weekend) before I can get new rubber mounted to them.

I have to move the kid home from college for the summer tomorrow.

IMG_4034[1].JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Frosty said:

All four wheels are now here. It will be next weekend (Mother's Day weekend) before I can get new rubber mounted to them.

I have to move the kid home from college for the summer tomorrow.

IMG_4034[1].JPG

Ahh, the days of moving the kid in & out of college! I remember them well! I feel very sorry for you 😔! Well at least you new toys to play with next week!😁

26 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Ahh, the days of moving the kid in & out of college! I remember them well! I feel very sorry for you 😔! Well at least you new toys to play with next week!😁

This is true. Now if I can just get a warm weekend with no rain so I can go out and play and work on Lucy, I'd be very, very happy!

Walking on my lawn right now is like walking on a saturated sponge.

• 4 weeks later...