Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Football Thread

markpetersonii

i really dont like the saints after their performances this post season. their goal is to injur the QB??? thats very un sportsman like conduct. you didn't see any other team do that this season.... im glad the cowboys be the saints during the season. im going to be going for the colts this superbowl. just had to voice my opionion

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

i really dont like the saints after their performances this post season. their goal is to injur the QB??? thats very un sportsman like conduct. you didn't see any other team do that this season.... im glad the cowboys be the saints during the season. im going to be going for the colts this superbowl. just had to voice my opionion

:agreed: Dirty sportsmanship!

When you got a 40 year old man under center that is the main reason the team is even doing anything this year, I don't think it's so far fetched to try to got out and hit him. They do that with a lot of QBs in the league, but with Favre's age, they try harder.

Were they a bit dirty? Yes. Was it a game to get to the Super Bowl? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? Definitely.

You honestly can't tell me if the tables were turned, they Vikings wouldn't want to hit Favre... And you can't say that if you were a defender, with a chance to play in your first ever Super Bowl, you wouldn't do whatever it took to try and get there.

Very true I guess, but it's still wrong, they played the game based on tearing Farve up, and that's not football, hey let's kill the QB so the team can't do anything offensively...

Very true I guess, but it's still wrong, they played the game based on tearing Farve up, and that's not football, hey let's kill the QB so the team can't do anything offensively...

yeah that really pissed me off,, i felt soo bad for favre =[ i dont know how he servived it =/ i will be curious if he is back next year,,and i was reading where pat williams is looking at retirement as well =[ what are our vikes doing to uss =[

• Founders

I really have never liked Favre but have respected him for being good. This whole thing with him retiring then coming back then retiring then coming back has really just made me hate him more. Its just wow are you really that uncertain on what you want to do? or do you really just like the attention the media gives you? Personally if he did it for the media hype which I'm sure is a huge factor in it if its not its sole factor, he deserves every hit he got in that game and all season. The game is about the game not the hype, the media or the money, its about the time between the first and fourth quarter when your trying to win!

I really have never liked Favre but have respected him for being good. This whole thing with him retiring then coming back then retiring then coming back has really just made me hate him more. Its just wow are you really that uncertain on what you want to do? or do you really just like the attention the media gives you? Personally if he did it for the media hype which I'm sure is a huge factor in it if its not its sole factor, he deserves every hit he got in that game and all season. The game is about the game not the hype, the media or the money, its about the time between the first and fourth quarter when your trying to win!

yeah i am not a favre fan at all..im all adrian peterson but i respect him because he is on the team and he is a decent QB. i am just curious to see what next season will be like.

Thats why its a contact sport and part of the game. lol Also Farve knows and understands that. You sound like one of those guys thats dosent want fighting in hockey. lol

:lol2:

• 1 month later...

DA BEARS!!!!!

Getting the job done today... Signing Julius Peppers, Chester Taylor, and Brandon Manumaleuna (deal done)

Peppers and Taylor are said to be done before the day is over!!!

Do work son

• 4 months later...

So i was watching sports center last night and they were talking about favres retirement... He hasn't officially done it but i am pretty sure its getting close. I dont see him staying in the NFL very much longer. He says he will play if his health allows him but if his ankle isn't healed he will be retiring. The vikings offered him 3 million more then he was scheduled to get this season with 4 million in incentives. so for the whole season he could walk out with about 20 million dollars but he says its not about the money its about the health...I look for him to retire but i think the vikings will still be a pretty strong team.

• Founders

Favre lost all reputation with this sh!t, really its annoying and takes away a spot on the team for a younger much more agile and better younger quarterback. For the amount of money the Vikes are paying him they could train or get that younger quarterback and be a much better team.

Thank god he is not playing this year theoretically. I still like his agent calling him a Drama Queen.

Favre lost all reputation with this sh!t, really its annoying and takes away a spot on the team for a younger much more agile and better younger quarterback. For the amount of money the Vikes are paying him they could train or get that younger quarterback and be a much better team.

Favre's 2009 season: 4202 yards passing, 33 TDs vs 7 INTs, 107.2 QB rating. Mmmmmm, I think he'd get a chance to play for any team I coached. With good officiating, he and the Vikes go to the Super Bowl. The Saints, although Brees is awesome, were handed the NFC Championship game and a trip to the Super Bowl by at least two horrible late game calls. And that's the bottom line cuz MoonPie said so.

What about NCAA D-I football. Think Boise St is going to be considered for the title game they were unjustly denied last year? I swear, neither Alabama or Texas deserved to be in that game. TCU and Boise St played for the real National Championship.

• 11 months later...

AP Sources: NFL, players set on terms of deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfllabor

NFL owners and players agreed early Monday to the terms of a deal to end the lockout, and players were expected to begin their voting process later in the day, two people familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

I love sports and all but there all over payed dinks! But a teacher can only make 25k a year and our schools have no money tell me how that makes sence.

Also if there was no football season this year I my of cried. lol

• Founders

I love sports and all but there all over payed dinks! But a teacher can only make 25k a year and our schools have no money tell me how that makes sence.

Also if there was no football season this year I my of cried. lol

:agreed: to both statements