Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey everyone , im new got a 69 firebird trans am

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Sorry to hear about your wife's father. Know all too well from family and my girlfriend's father, they aren't fun. Wish him and you all the best in that situation!

Great lookin 'bird though! One of my favorite body designs. Keep us up to date with how getting her back on the road is!

Thanks , going to be some work sitting in garage that long took its toll . We want to get it in tip top shape and drive back to ny to take him for a drive . I towed it from NY to our house in NC  over the weekend . Rare car we are told

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wfrank said:

Thanks , going to be some work sitting in garage that long took its toll . We want to get it in tip top shape and drive back to ny to take him for a drive . I towed it from NY to our house in NC  over the weekend . Rare car we are told

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Yes you have a very rare car. It's one of 669 Trans Am ever made in 1969. I suspect the 4-speed will make it even more rare.

A buddy in my car club owns a '69 Trans Am as well. His has a Ram Air IV engine with a 4-speed. That makes his a one-of-five car. His is definitely a six-figure car at that point. 

Good luck reviving your father-in-law's car. Please keep us in the loop on your progress.

• Like 1

Im going to start a build post shortly , anyone know where i can find the build sheet on this car ? Locations to look ?

One should be one on top of the gas tank, the other should be in the back seat - assuming either have held up to the test of time.

That said, you can order a complete set of documentation of your car from Pontiac Historical Services Online. For their fee and your VIN #, they provide you the build sheet, dealer invoice, and window sticker of your car, as it left the factory. It is "the" documentation source for any Pontiac. 

http://www.phs-online.com/

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Beautiful ride! Tough situation you are in, but maybe getting the car back on the road will be a joy to your father in law. He can still say yes or no, so he will undoubtably be happy to hear you are working on it. Keep him up to date on what’s going on.......he will be happy inside even if he cannot fully express it! Good luck and post some pics as you progress.

I am so sorry about your wife's father. I can only imagine how he will feel when you take him for a ride in his old Trans Am.

I'm sure you have googled the '69 TA, but in case you haven't, I came across the web page with a lot of '69 TA info:

http://www.classicalpontiac.com/members/2/4.html

BTW, :welcome:

Edited by stratman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the replys . I got her running yesterday thing sounds like a beast   took a little work since its been sitting so long but was well worth it!!!  Family member facetime us today so he can see her alive again .  

• Like 1

Stratman , ty was a good read ! I did do allot of googling but never came across this.