Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

DaBear

Cracked molding

Question

On my 98 Grand Prix all the molding under the windows is cracked, faded, falling apart, any suggestions on places to take this to get replaced or if it’s just a DIY thing, where to get this ? I live in L A area, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks Dabear

F972C494-574D-4924-9663-E46FEAC3ABF2.jpeg

4 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, DaBear said:

On my 98 Grand Prix all the molding under the windows is cracked, faded, falling apart, any suggestions on places to take this to get replaced or if it’s just a DIY thing, where to get this ? I live in L A area, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks Dabear

F972C494-574D-4924-9663-E46FEAC3ABF2.jpeg

Good news, bad news! The only place you can get trim for a GP that year is a GM dealer. A little more than have of the window trim is still available, but that back quarter glass trim is long gone! None of it is cheap either! I bought all that trim a few years back, a year ago I bought two of the rear quarter glass pieces, a front windshield, back glass and the reveal moldings as only the OEM reveal fits properly. 

Your other choice is a salvage yard, which in LA might be ok! A glass shop could probably install it for you if you don’t know how.

Good luck!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks man, I will check some salvage yards, figured dealer would be a tough one, I strike out a lot with them anymore! Lol

That's not terribly surprising that dealers don't have a lot of the less popular parts. In fact, GM is only legally obligated to provide 7 years worth of parts after a particular part or car goes out of production. The fact that a dealer can still get many of the things that Last Indian mention is a good (albeit pricey) thing.