Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac G8 Power Window Issue

I need help before I take my G8 into the shop. Hoping someone else may have had a similar issue. I have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (one of the last made).

The power windows stopped working one day, so I checked the fuse, no issues with the fuse. But I also noticed that the cigarette lighters (both of them, one in the center console and the one in the dash) also stopped working. My phone charger does not work when plugged into either cigarette lighter port. Checked the fuses for the cigarette lighter ports also, no issues. 

I'm thinking the two issues are probably related and maybe its a central relay fuse switch or something like it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, jtrobert said:

I need help before I take my G8 into the shop. Hoping someone else may have had a similar issue. I have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (one of the last made).

The power windows stopped working one day, so I checked the fuse, no issues with the fuse. But I also noticed that the cigarette lighters (both of them, one in the center console and the one in the dash) also stopped working. My phone charger does not work when plugged into either cigarette lighter port. Checked the fuses for the cigarette lighter ports also, no issues. 

I'm thinking the two issues are probably related and maybe its a central relay fuse switch or something like it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I would look at the ignition switch wiring harness. That harness has 1 12v hot feed to the switch and will have 4 to 5 main  hot wires that come out and feed different areas. Within the switch itself there are contact fingers that make a connection based on where the switch position is. Sometimes one or more will become burnt and than only supplies millivolts. Find those leads at the lower connector, with the key on, measure the voltage at each one. If not that check the wire diagram for the window and see what body control module it goes to, see if the same module is used for the lighters. If so the module may be bad.