Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Question

Ok so I understand how the oil light reset switch works but it is not working. The light stays on after oil changes and will not go off. The service vehicle soon light comes on and the button works for that so the button is fine. It did at one point have a problem with the oil pressure switch it is also fixed. The PVC or air oil sep is is clean. Yep I'm lost 

4 answers to this question

Have you tried this or were you aware of this reset button - or is this what you are saying is not working?

Also, turning the key to the "On" (not "Start") position and pressing the gas pedal to the floor real fast three times is also suppose to reset the change oil light.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Yes that is what I meant by not working. It turns off the service vehicle soon light but not change oil light. I really don't know why tho

Well got it right now. Lol thought the whole press the gas petal thing was a hoax. Girlfriend was like just try it. It worked

Yup. Not all cars were equipped with actual reset switches so GM installed the "push the pedal three times" feature into virtually all of their cars and trucks.

Edited by Frosty