Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

GTO TEX's 1966 GTO

2020 February
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Sign in to follow this  
The_Lyonnist

Pontiac Racing

The_Lyonnist

I would like to talk about Pontiac in auto racing.

For example, NASCAR. I loved the 2003 Pontiac. Unfortunately, this is the last.

What was Pontiac's reputation in the various competitions?

Ringo64

Here’s a crude translation from Google:

I would like to talk about Pontiac in auto racing. For example, NASCAR. I loved the 2003 Pontiac. Unfortunately, this is the last. What was Pontiac's reputation in the various competitions?

I never really was that much into NASCAR so couldn’t really say much on it but sure someone else can help out.

JUSTA6

4 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Not a huge Nascar fan,  but Pontiac and Nascar can't be spoken without mentioning KING Richard Petty.  He retired his legendary career in a Pontiac.   Always a fan favorite in NHRA drag racing, even well after Pontiac was put down.  It is still a huge part of Australian drag racing.  While there was always a presence in Road Racing,  I couldn't rattle off a drivers name for Pontiac.  (somebody's gonna embarrass me on this one) Now we still have Pontiac's leading the pack in STREET racing.  Street Outlaws are on TV here every Monday.:dancingpontiac:

Edited by JUSTA6

The_Lyonnist

Do you have a great (and good quality) photo of Pontianc cars in NASCAR in 2003?

stratman
7 hours ago, The_Lyonnist said:

Do you have a great (and good quality) photo of Pontianc cars in NASCAR in 2003?

I don't, but you can google "2003 Pontiac NASCAR" and select "Images". There are quite a few good photos.

The_Lyonnist

What was the philosophy of Pontiac Racing?

The_Lyonnist

That's it, I had the original message translated into English.