Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

FiTech Fuel Injection

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I personally don't know anyone that has made that leap yet. Although I would be interested in knowing how well it goes.

• 4 months later...

I talked to those guys at sema and was not impressed. They only make throttle body systems for a pontiac which in my opinion is not better then a carb. There didn't seem to be much you could do to tune it yourself so if you have a high performance motor I was not convinced it would work. A guy brought one to the local machine shop for his car and they used it for the initial break in, the machinists were not sure it was that great either. I know the price seems good but I think the for a mostly stock motor I'd go for the edlebrock, they have a multi port sequential system. Comes with complete with intake injectors dual sync distributor for 1700. You only need to upgrade fuel pump. 

For my car I'm going with the Holley hp system which is about 2800 or so but while it will self tune I can tune for peak power and it will control other things like a dry shot of NOS which should be fun. I just got all the stuff so it will be a bit before its ready to drive, since my intake is already port matched I have to install the injector bungs and fuel rail mounts which my brother is going to do for me. I'll keep you posted though.

Ant

Thanks for sharing Ant. Also any pictures you've got would be appreciated too. We'd love for you to tell us how this system installation and tuning goes for you as well.

• 3 months later...

Johny,

Glad your happy with it and I hope it works long term for you, as I mentioned they really are a glorified Carb which if I wanted that I would have stayed with the Quick Fuel 950 that I have it works great but I want additional tuneability for my car that the FITECH does not offer. I'm just waiting to get my intake back from my brother with the injector bungs in it so I can get mine back up and running.

Ant

• 2 months later...

I finally got my Holley hp efi up and running and it's like a totally different car! I will never run a carb again ever! So much smoother under all driving conditions its unbelievable how much better it's running. I still have some tuning to do and I want to get it on a dyno to see what the power level is and also set up the nos properly. 

Ant

20190429_173450.jpg

20190509_065724.jpg

• 10 months later...

I have the fitech on my car and it works great!!  I had the help of a dyno and a tech as well.  I would highly recommend that.  If  you want to use the spark control, I would recommend the Holley system and Petronix ignition since it is all plug and play.

Glad your happy, I spent a lot of time as SEMA talking to the guys at Fitech and they just didn't have the features I needed. My car makes a bit more power then some and I wanted the ability to really fine tune it and the Holley HP system controls my Nos system too. 

Made 504hp and 540lbs to the ground on the dyno and 605hp and 650lbs on the nos to the ground.

Ant

SO guys what did you do in terms of fuel delivery to support your new EFI?  Obviously EFI requires higher fuel pressure than the stock 6-10 PSI.

So did you have to install an inline high(er) pressure fuel pump and filters and a return line? If so, what did you use? Any in-tank fuel pumps available vs an external pump? 

14 minutes ago, Frosty said:

SO guys what did you do in terms of fuel delivery to support your new EFI?  Obviously EFI requires higher fuel pressure than the stock 6-10 PSI.

So did you have to install an inline high(er) pressure fuel pump and filters and a return line? If so, what did you use? Any in-tank fuel pumps available vs an external pump? 

i used an in- tank kit from tanks inc.

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=84/category_id=61/mode=prod/prd84.htm

pump and surge tray fit cleanly in side fuel tank, keeps noise down, pump stays cool and way neater installation, and saves on trunk space.

i bought a new tank with an aeromotive fuel pump installed, but if i had to do it again i would get the holley pump that goes into a factory tank for efi. it selfregulates the pressure and you dont have to run a return line back to the tank. another option that i have used on a customers mustang is the edlebrock fuel module, its fed off your stock pump and then it raises the pressure to the appropriate efi pressure. you can get the edlebrock pro flo 4 injection kit for about $2k thats the intake with injectors, a dist, all the wiring and a tablet to tune it. only addition is the fuel pump. the best part about it over the throttle body ones is that its sequentnial injection, way better then throttle body.

Ant

My preference would be not to have to run a return line. However, I think mine may already have one since it is an AC car. That said I would prefer an in-tank unit over an external for cleaner looks.

Now with the Edelbrock fuel module, is that essentially a fuel regulator between the mechanical fuel pump and the fuel rail to boost fuel pressure?

For what it’s worth... we have a local guy here in West Michigan, if you are into cars at all.. you may have heard of him. 🤣🤣🤣😉 If you buy a Holley Sniper kit from Steve Morris, he actually includes a couple of hours of tech support. That really tells me if/when I pull the trigger it will be Holley and it will come from Steve Morris Racing. If you don’t know him... you probably better google his name!!!!! 

16 hours ago, Ponchoguy said:

For what it’s worth... we have a local guy here in West Michigan, if you are into cars at all.. you may have heard of him. 🤣🤣🤣😉 If you buy a Holley Sniper kit from Steve Morris, he actually includes a couple of hours of tech support. That really tells me if/when I pull the trigger it will be Holley and it will come from Steve Morris Racing. If you don’t know him... you probably better google his name!!!!! 

Where is Steve located Ponchguy?