Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So What Do I Get Next?

Frosty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

10 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

What's the first thing you're gonna do to it? ;) 

Press all the shiny buttons and see what the hell they do.

• Like 2

• Founders
58 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Press all the shiny buttons and see what the hell they do.

Don’t press the passenger seat ejector button with Mrs Frosty in the passenger seat now

On 6/26/2018 at 6:18 PM, Frosty said:

It’s a done deal. It’s now mine! My bro-in-law gets the commission too. Sweet! 

He told me this was also a GM executive driven vehicle too. He showed me the original title, it was in GM LLC’s name.

I got a crap load of electronic gadgets to learn play with too. Bluetooth, traffic, navigation, OnStar, and more. Should be an interesting drive to work.

Oh and I’ve been dismissed from jury duty too. Cool!

Couldn’t be happier for ya Frosty! Enjoy the hell out of it!

Also said a prayer for your dad, hope he improves quickly!

12 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Don’t press the passenger seat ejector button with Mrs Frosty in the passenger seat now

Don't miss with a man's Bass boat ! 

Ejector seats are not just for jets or James Bond's Astin Martin anymore!!!!

10 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Couldn’t be happier for ya Frosty! Enjoy the hell out of it!

Also said a prayer for your dad, hope he improves quickly!

Thanks Last Indian. Dad is getting better. He has congestive heart failure, not double pneumonia now. The fluid around his heart is draining so he's doing a lot better. The next thing they are worrying about is the blood circulation is his legs. They are going to do a procedure on him on Monday to go through both femoral arteries in his legs to look for collapsing vessels or blockages, put in stints if necessary, to help his blood circulation. He has wounds on his feet that are not healing because of very poor blood circulation. Once that's done he can come home and do more physical therapy.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Dad came home from the hospital yesterday. I was not happy about it. They cancelled his Monday angiograms for his legs - which would have helped his blood circulation in his feet. He's too high a cardio risk for surgery they said (according to his cardiologist - whom I can't stand). Nothing they can do as a result. So he was discharged and came home around 7:00 pm. I got to his house well before him and I got home around 8:30 with dinner. 

My plan is to take him to see his regular cardiologist in mid-July (soonest we could get in) and see if he thinks my dad is too high a risk for the angiograms. If not, then we find another place to do them. At least this way, we will have a second opinion.

I was so ticked off at the medical profession as a whole yesterday...and no alcohol or weapons within easy reach either. Damn it ! So I had to be settle for my garlic chicken and egg drop soup.

At least Dad was happy to be home, out of the hospital gown, in his own clothes and chair and back to watching "Big Bang Theory".

Something to be said for clothes that go all the way around you and your own remote from your fav chair!   Hope he does well until you can see his reg DR. 

• Thanks 1

You are right Ringo. He's very happy to be home. It always improves his mood.

I just wish I had some time to work on Lucy and enjoy myself. Lately I am running from one crisis to the next without even being able to catch my breath. Life...it happens.

On 6/29/2018 at 1:09 PM, Frosty said:

You are right Ringo. He's very happy to be home. It always improves his mood.

I just wish I had some time to work on Lucy and enjoy myself. Lately I am running from one crisis to the next without even being able to catch my breath. Life...it happens.

I truly feel for you buddy! Been there way more times than I ever thought I would have to be, 6 times so far and we’re there again, brother in law! 

You just hold tight, pray for strength and compartmentalize what you can. Part of that is looking after your own well-being, for you and your family!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Okay - I have a new dilemma. I have the chance to purchase this sad looking El Camino. I have no idea how many miles are on it or much the owner wants for it yet since I've not called him. I know from talking to the storage facility manager that the owner had an unfortunate accident a few years ago and he was left paralyzed from the waist down. So this car is just deteriorating in the open weather. It has been stored here since 2011.

I currently don't have a pole barn yet for my own rides, let alone this one. So do I make an offer on this thing, or wait until I have a place to get it out of the weather? I probably won't have a place or start looking until late-winter or early-spring.

1130131844_IMG_E36361.thumb.JPG.adc1a49121e19a8ccb77dfabe7e16dd1.JPG

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Okay - I have a new dilemma. I have the chance to purchase this sad looking El Camino. I have no idea how many miles are on it or much the owner wants for it yet since I've not called him. I know from talking to the storage facility manager that the owner had an unfortunate accident a few years ago and he was left paralyzed from the waist down. So this car is just deteriorating in the open weather. It has been stored here since 2011.

I currently don't have a pole barn yet for my own rides, let alone this one. So do I make an offer on this thing, or wait until I have a place to get it out of the weather? I probably won't have a place or start looking until late-winter or early-spring.

An “87” ? If it’s in restorable condition, doesn’t need major work like floor or bed replacement and you can get it, I would grab it. They are becoming more rare by the day. If cloning isn’t out of your vocabulary, a Black SS would be drop jaw eye catching!

15111D8A-620E-4F61-B616-FF1F52D4A5CE.jpeg

9 hours ago, Last Indian said:

An “87” ? If it’s in restorable condition, doesn’t need major work like floor or bed replacement and you can get it, I would grab it. They are becoming more rare by the day. If cloning isn’t out of your vocabulary, a Black SS would be drop jaw eye catching!

15111D8A-620E-4F61-B616-FF1F52D4A5CE.jpeg

A Tuned Port...305 (or 350) 5 speed  can be a really HOT and economically viable set up with the right selection of parts.....

Depending on condition and price.....I would seriously think about snagging it up......

21 hours ago, Frosty said:

It clearly needs a paint job as you can see surface rust forming on the rear quarters and hood for sure. I suspect it's a lowly 305 carb engine since the air cleaner (for some unknown reason) is sitting in the bed. Still some sort of crate 350 is probably in it's future under my watch. I like the Tuned Port idea, I also like the Ramjet 350 crate motor - mostly for nostalgia looks.

I'm over black after owning so many black vehicles including two black/gold Trans Ams (I still own the '86),  a black/gold '89 S-15 Jimmy High Country, and Black Beauty (my old '08 Envoy Denali). I think GM's Bahama Blue and Quicksilver would be a good combination. Anyone remember the 90s GMC Yukon GTs in that color combination?

I agree that these things are getting more and more rare, and I really do want to snag it. It would make an awesome pro-touring G-machine.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

It clearly needs a paint job as you can see surface rust forming on the rear quarters and hood for sure. I suspect it's a lowly 305 carb engine since the air cleaner (for some unknown reason) is sitting in the bed. Still some sort of crate 350 is probably in it's future under my watch. I like the Tuned Port idea, I also like the Ramjet 350 crate motor - mostly for nostalgia looks.

I'm over black after owning so many black vehicles including two black/gold Trans Ams (I still own the '86),  a black/gold '89 S-15 Jimmy High Country, and Black Beauty (my old '08 Envoy Denali). I think GM's Bahama Blue and Quicksilver would be a good combination. Anyone remember the 90s GMC Yukon GTs in that color combination?

I agree that these things are getting more and more rare, and I really do want to snag it. It would make an awesome pro-touring G-machine.

Yes I know that color combo! I love black, to me nothing says killer like a impeccable, flawless black car, but I do understand getting away from it for a change! That’s why the Indian is Midnight Blue! So I think that color combo would look great, maybe with an SS in blue on the silver? And possibly the right color pinstripe? 

My buddy has the black and silver SS that was in the pics I posted from my company’s United Way campaign car show.

BAA0FA8A-349A-4F61-B100-49ABCB2C588C.jpeg

Yeah, that's the idea. The Yukon GT along with your pictured Elco above have red accent strips to separate the colors. I was thinking of that too.

I love a clean, well painted and detailed black car as much as anyone. They are killer when they are clean. They are such a pain in the neck to keep clean. The slightest dust or dirt shows up on them.

This is sort of the look I was thinking of. I would want the Quicksilver to have more metal flake in it. We had a fella show up at our local cruise this past summer that had restored a '72 2-door Jimmy 4x4 in Bahama Blue and man did that thing pop.

image.png.a4bd729c83cad5da3b77a65cd2b5cf56.png

Edited by Frosty