Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hobbies

Ringo64

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

What? No cold sodas? No cold beer? A man gets awful thirsty pickin' off zombies.

347084753_ZombieKiller(2).jpg.7798f24c85d9c25f9b5d7081552f3637.jpg

Cmon now Frosty, he’s Justa bit old sir, I can’t gontoo hard on him it’s tough to fill sandbags with a walker. Maybe you can charge of refreshments and entertainment. If not I got a whole militia lined up to pitch in. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

48 minutes ago, 360Rocket said:

Cmon now Frosty, he’s Justa bit old sir, I can’t gontoo hard on him it’s tough to fill sandbags with a walker. Maybe you can charge of refreshments and entertainment. If not I got a whole militia lined up to pitch in. 

No worries 360.... me N my GTO can hold our own.:rofl:

goat packin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I do try to have fun Last Indian. As much and as often as I can. It's funny that you mention vehicles of motion. My dad was both an aviation and automobile engineer during his career. So to that end, he has flown in every know aircraft. Military transports, work on navy warplanes in Corpus Christi during WWII, commercial aircraft, personal aircraft, gliders, helicopters, and hot air balloons. I don't think he has ever parachuted.

I have an eclectic choice in music. I most closely associate with rock/pop/metal. I do like some easy listening,' 40s big band/swing, bag pipe and drums, some Hawaiian and Celtic music, Jimmy Buffet / island music, and various vocal acts. Favorite acts have to be Jimmy Buffett, the Beach Boys, the Reflections, CCR, Kiss, and our local group Grand Funk Railroad.

Ah! Grand Funk Railroad, one of my favorites! When I was about 10 or 11 I started listening to CKLW out of Detroit. In particular Terry Knight. Who eventually started his band Terry Knight & the Pack. Both Farner & Brewer played with Knight. When I was about 14, maybe, they came to my home town of Saybrook to a bodunk store to promote an album. I got to meet all of them one on one for a while as they sat at the table because no one else was there! Pretty cool I thought! I was never a big fan of doing that type of stuff, but I really liked that band at the time.

Fast forward to 1969 Geneva on the Lake, Grand Funk is getting started and plays there. I already knew of them and knew the co owner of the Cove Night Club where they were going to play. So he got me in to see them play. I’m right up front with my buddy and as their getting ready Farner looks at me and says, “hey I know you, your that kid” yadda yadda. Which is kinda funny when I thought about it years later as he’s only 3 years older than me!

Edited by Last Indian

I am so glad you've heard of Terry Knight and the Pack. Most people haven't. Terry Knight started out as a local DJ and then formed the band. When Knight didn't perform with the band, they'd call themselves the Pack or the Fabulous Pack. Farner and Brewer came from the Pack and Mel Schacher came from Question Mark and the Mysterians ("96 Tears" fame). Knight became GFR's manager and they eventually fired him in 1972.

They performed a song called "Wide Track" as the Faboulous Pack. I don't know if you've every heard of it. I use to have the 45 record shown below. I gave the record to a fellow Widetracker for safe keeping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xUSYUaLMAA

A local electronics store chain in Michigan (Highland Appliance) use to say "More speakers than a Grand Funk tour!!". Those of us who'd seen them live in concert knew what that reference meant.

Grand Funk's Concert for Bosnia at the Palace of Auburn Hills concert and album, I was at that concert! So I guess I'm on the record!

I was also at the 1980 Grand Funk Lives album and tour that started in Flint. The movie "Heavy Metal" had also come out at the time and their Queen Bee single was part of the soundtrack. Personally I like the cover of "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" better.

BTW - Farner went to my high school, Flint Kearsley, but he never graduated.

Edited by Frosty

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

I am so glad you've heard of Terry Knight and the Pack. Most people haven't. Terry Knight started out as a local DJ and then formed the band. When Knight didn't perform with the band, they'd call themselves the Pack or the Fabulous Pack. Farner and Brewer came from the Pack and Mel Schacher came from Question Mark and the Mysterians ("96 Tears" fame). Knight became GFR's manager and they eventually fired him in 1972.

They performed a song called "Wide Track" as the Faboulous Pack. I don't know if you've every heard of it. I use to have the 45 record shown below. I gave record to a fellow Widetracker for safe keeping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xUSYUaLMAA

A local electronics store chain in Michigan (Highland Appliance) use to say "More speakers than a Grand Funk tour". Those of us who'd seen them live in concert knew what it meant.

Grand Funk's Concert for Bosnia at the Palace of Auburn Hills concert and album, I was at that concert! So I guess I'm on the record!

I was also at the 1980 Grand Funk Lives album and tour that started in Flint. The movie "Heavy Metal" had also come out at the time and their Queen Bee single was part of the soundtrack. Personally I like the cover of "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" better.

BTW - Farner went to my high school, Flint Kearsley, but he never graduated.

I’ve seen Grand Funk three time once at Geneva on the Lake as I said, once at Cleveland Public Hall, which was the best one I saw, and then at the Atlantic Pop Festivel where their Live Album was depicted to be made, but wasn’t real recorded there.

always thought it was sad the way their relationship went south with Knight, but he did screw them!

On 6/16/2018 at 10:45 AM, Last Indian said:

I’ve seen Grand Funk three time once at Geneva on the Lake as I said, once at Cleveland Public Hall, which was the best one I saw, and then at the Atlantic Pop Festivel where their Live Album was depicted to be made, but wasn’t real recorded there.

always thought it was sad the way their relationship went south with Knight, but he did screw them!

I read somewhere that Knight was quoted as saying he was the "first man in history to blow through $13 million dollars!"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I am official jealous of your garage Bear! You are a lucky man. Enjoy yourself for the both of us! B)