Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hobbies

Ringo64

• Founders

We know everyone here is crazy about cars and that consumes most our lives but got to have some other hobbies, collections, what-have-you... what do you have?

@notallthere, streaking is not a hobby...

Myself, I like technology, music and gaming. Technology I would say is my first hobby and my daily life depends on it as I am a software engineer. Keeping up with technology is a passion more than anything and what heavily translated into a career. I'll program at work for 8 hours a day and come home to program some more, it's a vicious cycle :D . Outside of technology, I find myself always around music whether it is myself playing (7 instruments 😛 ) or listening (in the car, at work, whenever), I am always surrounded by music. Classic Rock is my jam, been to some great concerts too: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 6 times, Ringo Starr 5 times, Paul McCartney 5 times, Moody Blues 4 or 5 times, Styx 2 times, Lynyrd Skynyrd 2 times, and a lot of other bands.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders
2 minutes ago, notallthere said:

Finally I am playing in the stock market.  Nothing serious and not wasting any money that I cannot afford not to loose.

Very cool on everything. I dabble a bit in stocks as well. What you trading these days?

21 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Very cool on everything. I dabble a bit in stocks as well. What you trading these days?

Tesla, Starbucks, Lowes, anything Pot related in Canada, Drop Box

• Founders
1 minute ago, notallthere said:

Tesla, Starbucks, Lowes, anything Pot related in Canada, Drop Box

DropBox was one I looked into on their IPO day. They wanted too much though for a service which likely is decreasing so I didn’t end up buying. Seems they’re still hovering around that price.

GM has been good to me so has Brown Forman (parent company of Jack Daniels). I’m really mad I sold my Marriott stock early last year as they’re pretty much gold right now. I’m waiting on a split there to get back in.

If SpaceX goes public I am all over it like a Fat kid on a Smartie.  I bought Drop Box when it was considerably lower.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Nothing big, just getting started. 1,000 rounds per can on the bottom shelves. Handguns that I don't conceal carry on the top shelf.

unnamed_zpszp4xwbv1.jpg

I'm tag teamin with you bro when the zombies try to take over.

• Like 1

Summer is the cars, boat, motorcycle, cabin, Volleyball year round,  Fall is huntin, Winter is snowmobiling (winter hot rods)

Autumn Saturdays are often spent at the Big House in Ann Arbor watching Michigan football home games with over 110,000 of my closest football friends. B)  I've been a season ticket holder for over 33 years. In that time  I've seen one national championship and two Heisman Trophy winners (Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson) over the years. I've also traveled to many Big Ten football away games. I've been to indiana, Purdue, Iowa (twice), Minnesota (old Humphrey Dome at the time), Northwestern (Chicago really), Illinois, Wisconsin, Notre Dame (twice), and Illinois. I was at the 1990 Rose Bowl.  I've avoided Ohio State because there are so many news reports of OSU fans attacking UM fans before or after a UM-OSU game. So I need to go there on a non-UM game. I've been to Lincoln a couple of time but never saw a Nebraska Cornhuskers game. Maryland and Rutgers are recent and I  haven't made any plans for them yet. Best food, by far, is Iowa. Those people pack and sell food like they are never going home!

Winter is downhill skiing season, when I have the time and money for it. It is why I was given the nickname Frosty in the first place over 30 years ago. I've traveled all over North America to ski in the last 30 years. The most unique places I've been to are Aleska Alaska, Banff Alberta, and anywhere in British Columbia. I've been to 22 of SKI Magazine's Top 25 ski resorts over the years. My favorite places to ski are Whistler BC and Snowmass (in Aspen). However the last 10 years I haven't done it much since I found out that baseball is a year-round sport - especially travel baseball. Skiing has given me the opportunity to go snowmobiling in Yellowstone National Park. I recommend that to everyone. Old Faithful, in the winter, is something to see. Grand Teton is spectacular too.

I read a lot. I read car magazines all the time. However, my favorite fictional author is Tom Clancy. When we go to Hilton Head Island for vacation, I usually read an entire Clancy novel cover-to-cover during that week. Lately I've read a couple of books about the collapse of the auto industry during 2008-2009 Great Recession.

Photography is another past time I enjoy. I spend a lot of time taking pictures of cars. However I really enjoy photographing landscapes. So the skiing compliments the photography habit and vice-versa.  I enjoy time in the Southwest particularly. Utah and Arizona mainly. I love Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in Utah. Monument Valley and both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon are just breath taking.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

• Founders

Dang, Frosty has been everywhere :lol: . I still would like to get up to the Big House for a game. Not a Mich fan by any measure but I hear the stadium is something to be a part of. Had 2 really good friends that did grad school at Mich but never got up there for a game.

40 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I love Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in Utah

I was actually born in Utah, loved the scenery, the parks, everything. Minus living in the snow.

17 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Dang, Frosty has been everywhere :lol: . I still would like to get up to the Big House for a game. Not a Mich fan by any measure but I hear the stadium is something to be a part of. Had 2 really good friends that did grad school at Mich but never got up there for a game.

I was actually born in Utah, loved the scenery, the parks, everything. Minus living in the snow.

I traveled a lot particularly in my single, misguided youth. Not so much as I'd like with the wife and kid in my life now. Still we've taken some really nice family trips.

I often have a spare ticket for a game. C'mon up for one sometime. Then we could go cruise Woodward.

I've been to 46 states (Oregon, Washington, New Mexico and North Dakota are the ones I haven't seen). I've been to the provinces of Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia in Canada. I love the Canadian west particularlly.

Utah skiing is some of the best in the country. Powder days especially. Skiing at Park City, where they still have old silver mining buildings and equipment on the property, adds character. One day I want to do the "interconnect". It is a guided tour / back country skiing day trip that takes your 5 ski resorts in a day. You start at Park City, ski over the back side of Jupiter Bowl. Take your skis off, walk across the road to Solitude. Solitude has a hidden trail to Brighton. Ski back to Solitude, go over the ridge, ski down Snowbird. I think there is a connection between Snowbird and Alta too. 

Edited by Frosty

• Founders

Nice, traveling is good. I have "been" to 44 states. I put "been" in quotes because it's either driven through or had a plane connection. Washington state, Oregon and the Dakotas are the remaining ones.

That would be pretty dang awesome! Thanks for the invite!

I've only been to Park City at Utah. We left Utah when I was 7 so right on the cusp of me learning to do winter sports. Been back a few times but never to ski/snowboard as it was summer. That sounds like a blast of a tour though!

• Like 1

Technically I've been in Washington and New Mexico. I flew into Seattle on my way to Hawaii but other than the airport, I didn't see anything so I don't count it. The only way to get to Four Corners Monument is through Highway 597 (4 Corners Road) in New Mexico, coming from Arizona. Since this the smallest corner of the state, I don't count it.

I have also been to Scotland, England, France, Germany, Austria and China.

My trip to China was not your typical experience either. A protester in Tiannenmen Square was beaten up 10 feet in front of me on my first day in Beijing and the whole thing was filmed by CNN International, and a stowaway was found on the plane returning us to Detroit. The Great Wall is humbling and cool though.

Let us know if/when you decide to come up. I am sure Indyman Joe, JUSTA and notallthere can try to arrange to be around.

Edited by Frosty

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Technically I've been in Washington and New Mexico. I flew into Seattle on my way to Hawaii but other than the airport, I didn't see anything so I don't count it. The only way to get to Four Corners Monument is through Highway 597 (4 Corners Road) in New Mexico, coming from Arizona. Since this the smallest corner of the state, I don't count it.

I've been to the 4 corners and very extensively those 4 states when I was younger living in Utah. Had cousins in Colorado and an Aunt in Arizona so we used to do a lot of driving exploring through those states and their surrounding states. Pretty much in New Mexico, other than the Natural Parks, the airport may be the only thing to see there. Well, at least when I visited :lol: 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I have also been to Scotland, England, France, Germany, Austria and China.

My trip to China was not your typical experience either. A protester in Tiannenmen Square was beaten up 10 feet in front of me on my first day in Beijing and the whole thing was filmed by CNN International, and a stowaway was found on the plane returning us to Detroit. The Great Wall is humbling and cool though.

Been to England and China as well! Also Ireland :) 

Wow! That's crazy about China. I assume the government was the ones beating them up? I feel like we may have talked about this but what year was that? The Great Wall was absolutely amazing. There were snow flurries when I was there and that just made it better. I went with my high school band and we actually played our national anthem at the wall. Pretty surprised we didn't get arrested even in 2007.

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Let us know if/when you decide to come up. I am sure Indyman Joe, JUSTA and notallthere can try to arrange to be around.

Will keep you informed! Attending a wedding up in Minnesota this year in September, about as close as my plans are getting me to Michigan as of yet. 

41 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

I've been to the 4 corners and very extensively those 4 states when I was younger living in Utah. Had cousins in Colorado and an Aunt in Arizona so we used to do a lot of driving exploring through those states and their surrounding states. Pretty much in New Mexico, other than the Natural Parks, the airport may be the only thing to see there. Well, at least when I visited :lol: 

Been to England and China as well! Also Ireland :) 

Wow! That's crazy about China. I assume the government was the ones beating them up? I feel like we may have talked about this but what year was that? The Great Wall was absolutely amazing. There were snow flurries when I was there and that just made it better. I went with my high school band and we actually played our national anthem at the wall. Pretty surprised we didn't get arrested even in 2007.

Will keep you informed! Attending a wedding up in Minnesota this year in September, about as close as my plans are getting me to Michigan as of yet. 

Yeah, it was the local police. However, as you know, both the military and police all dress in the same drab green uniforms. It was a police van that pulled up and dragged this guy's carcass, his wife, and daughter into the van.

The wife wants to go to Ireland and Italy. She's half Italian and half Irish. I'm a goner.

• Founders
31 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Yeah, it was the local police. However, as you know, both the military and police all dress in the same drab green uniforms. It was a police van that pulled up and dragged this guy's carcass, his wife, and daughter into the van.

Oh what fun they must have had...

32 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The wife wants to go to Ireland and Italy. She's half Italian and half Irish. I'm a goner.

Ireland is absolutely amazing. People are extremely nice and welcoming. Amazing views and amazing beer. I'm half Irish and fully enjoyed myself. I'd like to go back.

It turned out the guy was practicing an illegal religion and had enough nerve to protest in Tianenman about it.

I also learned after that incident that in Chinese society, if the state executes a loved one, they charge the family for the cost of the bullet. It is considered quite a family/societal shame.

As for Ireland, I wouldn't mind trying their beer(s). English beers are like making love in a canoe...f'ing close to water. Scottish and German beers are a whole lot better.

Edited by Frosty

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

It turned out the guy was practicing an illegal religion and had enough nerve to protest in Tianenman about it.

I also learned after that incident that in Chinese society, if the state executes a loved one, they charge the family for the cost of the bullet. It is considered quite a family/societal shame.

As for Ireland, I wouldn't mind trying their beer(s). English beers are like making love in a canoe...f'ing close to water. Scottish and German beers are a whole lot better.

Not very smart of him.

Believe I heard something similar to that bullet thing before. That’s just insult to injury lol

Guiness and Harp are my favorites of the we’ll known Irish beers. Hophouse is another goodie. 

19 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I'm tag teamin with you bro when the zombies try to take over.

Just make sandbags, sammiches,  reload mags, or cover my back and its a deal.

Edited by 360Rocket
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, 360Rocket said:

Covered like a blanket.  

Frosty, sounds like you’ve had a lot of fun & excitement! I guess my biggest interest after cars in general is car engineering; more than power, handling, delivering g forces to the ground, minimizing lost energy & braking. Boring I know! Than mechanics, I.E. designing, developing, evolving devices to better function. Than architecture, followed by woodworking. 
I’ve traveled way more than I ever wanted to, about 20 states, work, but not like Frosty, I’m a home body in general. The one thing I’ve done as I said to Frosty a while back, that was really a goal as time rolled on was to drive as many different types of vehicles of motion as I could and I got to do that quite well! 
Absolutely love music, especially hard rock and old original heavy metal. Had a good friend in rock my wife and I would get together with a couple times a year when he was in the northeast somewhere, but he past in 2014. 

Also a avid student of history! I’ve researched historical documents for four decades to try to educate myself on the history we were never really taught!

Edited by Last Indian

13 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

12 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Covered like a blanket.  

What? No cold sodas? No cold beer? A man gets awful thirsty pickin' off zombies.

347084753_ZombieKiller(2).jpg.7798f24c85d9c25f9b5d7081552f3637.jpg

Edited by Frosty

11 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Frosty, sounds like you’ve had a lot of fun & excitement! I guess my biggest interest after cars in general is car engineering; more than power, handling, delivering g forces to the ground, minimizing lost energy & braking. Boring I know! Than mechanics, I.E. designing, developing, evolving devices to better function. Than architecture, followed by woodworking. 
I’ve traveled way more than I ever wanted to, about 20 states, work, but not like Frosty, I’m a home body in general. The one thing I’ve done as I said to Frosty a while back, that was really a goal as time rolled on was to drive as many different types of vehicles of motion as I could and I got to do that quite well! 
Absolutely love music, especially hard rock and old original heavy metal. Had a good friend in rock my wife and I would get together with a couple times a year when he was in the northeast somewhere, but he past in 2014. 

Also a avid student of history! I’ve researched historical documents for four decades to try to educate myself on the history we were never really taught!

I do try to have fun Last Indian. As much and as often as I can. It's funny that you mention vehicles of motion. My dad was both an aviation and automobile engineer during his career. So to that end, he has flown in every know aircraft. Military transports, work on navy warplanes in Corpus Christi during WWII, commercial aircraft, personal aircraft, gliders, helicopters, and hot air balloons. I don't think he has ever parachuted.

I have an eclectic choice in music. I most closely associate with rock/pop/metal. I do like some easy listening,' 40s big band/swing, bag pipe and drums, some Hawaiian and Celtic music, Jimmy Buffet / island music, and various vocal acts. Favorite acts have to be Jimmy Buffett, the Beach Boys, the Reflections, CCR, Kiss, and our local group Grand Funk Railroad.