Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's Vibe

Just a joke as I drive a station wagon.

I know I was just kidding too.

ps its a european carry on :)

seinfeld-purse.jpg

:rofl:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a pretty good deal as it was a 2008 model in 2010 so instead of 1299 I picked it up for 899. It is light enough for the Vibe but it will haul 2000lbs so it can be towed behind the truck as well.

• 1 year later...

Damn sonny boy. You sure do pick the "fun" projects don't you!!!! This job probably needs some scotch to go with it.

Its not so bad. Take my time drink some coffee. Clutch is out and so now it is just putting it back together.

How bad was the clutch, throw out bearing and pressure plate?

In high school, a buddy of mine had a straight six, three-speed-on-the-tree knuckle-buster '70 Nova. He lost second gear one day - the car had about 100k on it. He and his dad replaced the clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. It seems the parts counter man had never seen a clutch with no material left, and all the contact surfaces were polished gold!

Flywheel was in good shape no scorching or bluing. The disk was very thin especially compared to the Exedy clutch that I bought.

I did find out that the flywheel bolts are not reusable and I had to order some. So this weekend is out for the car. NASCAR and baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

Clutch is back in but while it was out I decided to add some stuff.

KYB Shocks

Canuck Motorsports lowering springs

Brass shifter bushings

ARP flywheel bolts

Energy suspension motor mount inserts

New ceramic pads

I will snap some pictures of it once it is done. Damn rain and garage filled with Chevelle parts.

I hate it when my garage is filled with boxes from NPD, Summit Racing, and Canadian Tire. Damn that sucks!!!! So is the Vibe on the road and any progress on the Chevelle?

I should be just about done the metal work on the Chevelle. The Vibe was suppose to be done today but the rain is holding me back.

I know how you feel. I was suppose to install a new mulcher on the Kubota lawn tractor yesterday. Just as I finished leaf sucking the shrubs it started raining and put a kaboosh on the mulcher install and lawn mowing I had planned for Sunday.

Finally got this installed:

IMG_1775_zps147db812.jpg

IMG_1776_zpsd9a101bc.jpg

Clutch, suspension, brakes done

IMG_1777_zpsb69c92a8.jpg

IMG_1778_zps0b714e99.jpg

I cannot notice a difference if the car is lower or not but I need to wait for the springs to settle. Thank god I am done this.

The block there just in case you felt the need to smash the windshield? lol

Looks pretty cool man, I like those little things

I use the block as a 'coffee table' when I am working on anything. It is actually a foundation block that we found on our property. We were digging and found the dump site for the construction of the house.