Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

BG Triple-D Induction (Tripower)

I was fortunate to get my hands on a Barry Grant Triple D Induction setup recently. I don't see very many around and they haven't been made in 10 years or more. I still have my original tripower setup but I would have to have a lot of work done to the Rochester carbs to handle the new 462 ci motor I put in my GTO a couple years ago.  With the BG setup using bigger Demon 2 bbl. carbs I will bypass a lot of the problems with the smaller Rochesters. At least that is the plan. I will be putting on this tripower within the next few weeks hopefully.  I have a question for ya all.  This tripower setup came with one big oval air cleaner assy.. Barry Grant also offered this setup with 3 separate round air cleaners mainly for us Pontiac guys because it looks much more like the original setup. I'm looking for the 3 separate cleaners but they have to fit a D shape carb top. The Demon carbs are like some Holley's  the have a D shape top and not round like the Rochesters tops are. I have filters that fit the round tops but I'm looking for ones that fit D shape. If anyone know somewhere that sell 6" round air filters that the base is D shape, please let me know. I checked everywhere I can think of. I might have to make them myself  but would rather not have to. Thanks Here a pic of the BG setup. I shined it up a bit. IMG_0972s.thumb.jpg.b0be89c40313f91aa11f80924441d442.jpgIMG_0974s.thumb.jpg.f812dce7417d5881665ea216efa67507.jpgIMG_0980sc.thumb.jpg.7a0a06cf1ca7af96f0145f9135944979.jpgIMG_0985s.thumb.jpg.f10d64bf72c1ce659dfd8aa7ea5e6a75.jpgIMG_0623.thumb.JPG.3f7cecb304f57a18aec4c2a1c0da646c.JPGIMG_0663.thumb.JPG.d13642d62bd9d886a8f7d94fd5e0a519.JPGIMG_0972s.thumb.jpg.b0be89c40313f91aa11f80924441d442.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hi Dale. I've always admired the Triple-D Induction from Barry Grant. Which is why I was ticked when he walked away from his business in 2011 and let it go from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 bankruptcy. it was like he had given up on his business and employees without really fighting for it (because he never filed a reorganization plan with the bankruptcy court). I also use to own a retro-style Barry Grant wood steering wheel for my Lemans.

That said, have you checked the Holley website? Holley purchased Demon carburetors from the Chapter 7 liquidation of Barry Grant. They offer the following kit, which might be what you are looking for.

https://www.holley.com/products/accessories/air_cleaners/air_cleaner_service_parts/parts/6411G

Edited by Frosty