Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Ringo64

Forum Software Update!

Early this morning, I upgraded us to the latest version of our forum software. There are a bunch of cool new features, performance upgrades, bug fixes and more! I'll try to detail some of the new features below. If you have any questions or issues, please let us know here.

• Emojis - before the software was able to accept native emojis from mobile devices. Now, they are part of the editor toolbar and available on all devices! Our previous custom emoticons are still there (like this guy :welcomeFP: ) just need to select the emoji button from the editor toolbar and select away!
  • Our Regional Clubs content is now available with the other content areas. This means that you will find Club topics in the main forum index page, Club gallery images in Gallery, etc...
  • You can now see in the online list when someone is typing in topic. Useful to see if someone is replying to your topic rather than just viewing.
  • HUGE overall to the Gallery application. It looks amazing if don't say so myself! They really outdid themselves and really brought this application to be more modern. I would suggest taking a look and uploading some photos if you haven't used it before or even if you did ;) 
  • We now support both Apply and Google Pay for our online store
  • Bunch of other new features!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Fix our photo issue?

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Fix our photo issue?

I'm going to say it's better as the issue is with memory processing on the server for the upload. There is a limit with a large resolution photos but that limits been increased so I hope it is easier to upload. I just need to find some time to do some tooling around with Imagemagik to further aid the issue.

Can we again pick our own default photos which are shown in This or That?  Used to like changing that up now N then.  Some members with upside down shots or motor shots ect that would like to show better or new shots of their cars would benefit.

46 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Can we again pick our own default photos which are shown in This or That?  Used to like changing that up now N then.  Some members with upside down shots or motor shots ect that would like to show better or new shots of their cars would benefit.

This has been available for some time. Garage is a third party item and not from our forum software company. However, garage is currently experiencing some issues when editing your vehicle. Reaching out to the author for further assistance.

22 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

This has been available for some time. Garage is a third party item and not from our forum software company. However, garage is currently experiencing some issues when editing your vehicle. Reaching out to the author for further assistance.

Tried messing with that a week ago.  In vehicles....shows your default shot, doesn't seem to be any way to change it.

1 minute ago, JUSTA6 said:

Tried messing with that a week ago.  In vehicles....shows your default shot, doesn't seem to be any way to change it.

Last I remember should be a radio button on all images that allows you to change your default photo. This OR That then utilizes that default photo. Once things are working again, I'll look and see if that was retained. I'll put in a write up on how to perform ;) 

9 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Last I remember should be a radio button on all images that allows you to change your default photo. This OR That then utilizes that default photo. Once things are working again, I'll look and see if that was retained. I'll put in a write up on how to perform ;) 

Thankz, always used to be an easy change.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Sorry about that, the author resolved the issue. What you'll want to do is dictated in the below topic:

Tried it, but still getting nothing to click on to change.  Thankz for the fix, hope it helps somebody else. This is on my old PC and I don't use my phone.