Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

‘69 Firebird 350 vert

Hello,

I’m Brett and I have a ‘69 Firebird convertible. Some of you may know me from the first gen Firebird forums, but to those who don’t here’s the story on the car:

05A0AA07-5B6F-4701-ADCC-0A0D1C7C299B.thumb.jpeg.3652988893ad8b720ad15639d8b4c426.jpeg

My father became the second owner of the car when he bought it from a coworker back in Atlanta before my mother entered his life. His coworker was an elderly disabled woman who had hand controls installed in the car so she could drive it. The car became too much for her so she had to let it go, and my father couldn’t pass the deal up. 

E61532B7-2CBD-47E6-8F73-F6ACC770B45F.thumb.jpeg.ae11b1724f5b0e1d56b11778fd5f1144.jpeg

He put most of its 67k original miles on it daily driving it up until marriage, where the car soon became a casual weekend cruiser. Once kids came it sat, rarely to be driven. The car was probably taken out less than 10 times during my childhood. Unfortunately my father developed brain cancer and the car became the last priority, and it sat in the garage for years. We always talked about working on it with each other but he could never get around to it, and cancer eventually took him when I was 15.

After his death, I set out to continue his legacy through his Firebird and I know it’s what he’d want. The car is in pretty good condition for a survivor with no major rust and intact interior. It needs some body work and a respray (it doesn’t have original paint, don’t fret!) but it’s definately not a clunker. I have too many plans to lay out here in this introduction post so I’ll leave it at that. If you’d like to follow my journey you can add me on Instagram @brettb.exe where I post many updates.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Brett - hang on to that baby and hold her tight. She is a keeper. Be sure to let us know how to follow you on Instragram or periodically post some updates with pictures. If you want advice, we are happy to help.

My dad is currently 90 years old. I cherish every day he is alive, even though he cannot drive or even really take care of himself anymore. I will inherit his 1994 Buick Roadmaster (a real land yacht) when he passes. It is the last new car that he and my mom ever bought. So I will take care of it like I know you will take care of your pop's Firebird. 

Don't forget to enjoy the ride too!