Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Why did you get your Pontiac?

• Founders

At the mention of “Irma” I still shudder :lol: . Good to hear something positive came out of that time! We got lucky here in Naples for the most part. It could have been a lot worse. 

Great deal it sounds like and awesome Bird!

• 10 months later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

As lots of us hate to admit it I had just gotten married again (ugh) and my new wife and I got into a financial bind. I had a 1964 chevy step-side pickup. I had swapped the inline 6 with granny gear 4 speed for a hot 350, with a turbo 350, tilt wheel, 6 way power bucket seats both sides, and Ice chest type cooler console.. I  had to sell it to help with the situation.  My wife told me then that one day I would have my hot rod back... Approximately 5 years later we were able to start looking for me a car again... She found my 68 GTO Convertible on the internet in Destin, Fl.  It had been restored for this lady by her husband in 1983 and he had gotten killed in the military... She sold it to me in 1995, I think.  I was a nice auto then, but had some rust, a replaced used 400 with a 2 barrel carb. and was skipping.  Someone had ripped her husband off.. They were supposed to rebuild the one that was in it, so it would still be a matching #...I do hate to say it but I am glad she decided to sell it.. At the time I thought I almost stole it... I only gave $10,200 for it... Now I would almost get rid of my wife before I would get rid of my GOAT...

Edited by BB68GTO
correct spelling and add info
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Very cool find,  I have my cabin/huntin property in Lk City.  Did not put it together, but have seen your car in the 4th of July car show up there. :indian:

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, Ted Feight said:

In 1967 I had a 1966 Pontiac Catalina Convertible, silver with a black top. I came home from working in Chicago for 3 months to find a draft notice to report the next day. I had to give the car back to the dealer, which was allowed in that day. After an all expense paid trip to the far east I came home and bought a 69 Camaro.  I wanted a 67 Vette, but was talked out of it. I finally bought the 67 Vette in 1984, but never found a 66 Catalina that I liked.

Then while traveling to see a client on M-55 I saw the nose of a Catalina sticking out of a small garage. After seeing the client in Lake City I stopped at the house with the Catalina Convertible and talked for hours with the owner.  He was an older man who did not get a lot of visitors. We talked about the car, his clocks, watches and life. I told him if he ever wanted to sell the car I would like first rights. I stopped and talked to him when I was going through from time to time.

Then last fall his daughter called and said her Father (Barry Snyder) had dies. Did I remember him. I told her yes and I was very sorry to hear he died. She said he left a note telling her that she should give me first chance to buy the car and he had set the price. I drove over that week and looked it over.  The price was fair, not high or low. So I came back the next week and picked it up. I named the car Barry.

From what I can tell it had set in the garage for the last 10 years.  Before that Barry basically loved taking it to shows. With the help of Frosty and a few of you on the forum I am making the car my own, by making a few needed changes. Hopefully, I will start showing the car in the early part of the summer. 

God Bless!

1966_Catalina_Side.jpg

IMG_4526.JPG

I agree with 74Espirit, great story, but even better, you friended someone who clearly needed and appreciated it! That’s why he remembered you! That was truly a wonderful gift to to give him! That to me is the bigger story!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sean, thanks for sharing your great story! Welcome aboard and keep us updated on your progress! Keep the photos coming and enjoy restoring your Pontiac!

Sean, this is a great story and a even better car. Also, as an owner of '72 Lemans Sport convertible, I'll be interested to see what you do to it. I'll be happy to give you advise along the way. I've owned my Lemans for 25 years now. I am not afraid to drive it cross country either. Other than hanging sheet meta, I've been there and done that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When the 1968 Pontiac GTO was unveiled, I was a 15 year old kid just starting high school.  I was smitten by the whole look, the Endura bumper the hidden headlights, the hood scoops, the big engine, ALL OF IT.  High school was easy and boring, and I would spend the time in class drawing crude pictures of it.  I always knew that someday I would have to have one.  And the Verduro Green color was what I wanted.  About ten years ago, I finally bought one for a very reasonable price, but it didn't have hidden headlights which were a must for me.  I did some research, and found that there was a guy up in Romeo, Michigan who almost exclusively worked on GTOs who could convert it for me, and I had the car shipped from the seller to him.  My sister lives in Michigan, as well, so when I went to visit her, I drove up to his shop and was amazed.   He had hundreds of cars in the biggest "barn" I had ever seen.  

Tomorrow (supposedly) I am getting it back from a restoration after several years of it being apart.  I have never been so excited about a vehicle, and I have some very nice cars.   But this one was my dream!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I bought a 1977 trans am in 1989. It was sitting outside of a body shop ,silver with a black interior 400, 4 speed.  After looking at it for a few weeks from my shop across the street I decided to ask the shop owner what was the story with the car. He said the owner never paid for work and handed him over the title, and for $800.00 , I could have it. It was silver mostly, with a black interior.  Long story short, it was such a monster. Really a fast car that I street raced in Philly on the weekends. When it started to show signs of rot , due to east coast weather, I decided to sell it. I've regretted that decision ever since. Luckily I found a really nice 76 that was garage kept its whole life, but needed the driveline rebuilt. And that's the story, 32 years in the making.

20201211_194503.jpg

• Like 2

Great car...

Sold my all original 79 TA (Had it since 1981) back in 2016... Someone made me a stupid high cash offer... Couldn't refuse it..... Have kicked myself in the ass ever since....

Welcome to Forever Pontiac....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I would have found room for both the Bird and Solstice in the garage, but thanks for sharing.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Solstice said:

My sister had a 68 Firebird, that was the start. Got my 68 Firebird Sprint in 85, until 2009 when Solstice GXP caught my eye, that was all she wrote. Traded my bird in immediately and no regrets!

image.png.5ee3c5ffdac8a12f6de07a4aeb00388d.png

• Like 1

Mrs. Two Lane asked that question once....

35 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

image.png.5ee3c5ffdac8a12f6de07a4aeb00388d.png

My response was...Because I want too...And No the other ones are not for sale....This topic is now closed to any further response/discussion.....Go make me a sandwich.....And be quick about it.....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, outlawmars said:

just wanted a pontiac again and tired of having to use my moms concorde gave $800

Hope ya get one soon.:indian:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, TboneWS6 said:

My Mom & Dad, we’re both loving generous souls & had a ‘67 Lemans. They gave it to me & my new Bride when we got married in 1969! 
Midnite blue, w a light & dark blue interior. Very sharp. 

And so it begins.....

• Haha 1