Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Why did you get your Pontiac?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I like the Ponty Mython expression. I am going to have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

• 2 months later...

Hi buddy's I have a toy,he's names is a 92 firebird formula ram air ,he eat mustangs and camaros for dinner 😜every evening me and my girl get on it ,we living in Hagerstown MD.here in town every Saturday is a car show hundreds of cars show up in Valley mall Hagerstown MD.We go there e very Saturday ,but in the week we visiting dip country side,rivers and creeks mountains etc,and oun formula firebird take us every wear ,I'm proud of the car !!

I get my 92Pontiac formula two years ago in a new peppers ,was on sale for 1,800 but I found issues in the car and the guy was alcoholic,I give him 1,200,and I put 600$ on parts ,from day o. The car run like new I keep it I. Good shape and I will never will put price on it.Is part of the family lol

welcome to FP!

Hi buddy's I have a toy,he's names is a 92 firebird formula ram air ,he eat mustangs and camaros for dinner

i like this statement!

• 2 months later...

Grew up in the 70's tinkering in the "bull pen" of my family's car dealerships... Where the either cool stuff or the parts cars were parked. From a '53 Pont straight 8 to a 1973 LeMans sport, a 1968 Riv to a 1969 Cutlass Supreme (the notchback not the fastback S) I grew up eyeing cool cars (not realizing how much things would change) Underneath it all, we always loved the Pontiac. Everyone has Chevy and Fords, they just don't compare to the split grille torque monsters...

• 2 weeks later...

The last of the rear drive and just flat out is sexy. To have a car that I know old school guy's look at and respect it as I drive by wondering is that really coming from that car. After stopping and getting out the car they come over and ask what is that and it sure sounds very nice and old school. I tell them it's a Pontiac G8 GT and they walk around it and ask is it front wheel drive and I tell them no rear drive and than it's is said never heard of this car LOL. I informed them it's the car that no one really knows about because GM cut Pontiac and they only made about 50K of them.  Being 55 yrs. old I grew up around some of the badest car ever made and love GM cars period.

• 4 months later...

I completed high school and college with cars powered by six cylinder engines. Although this was easier on the pocket book, and more practical, it was tough on the ego. As my January '64 graduation from college approached reality, my fiancee and I began window shopping for cars. I was settling on a 427 fast back '63 Ford until I was spectating at the drag strip in San Fernando where I saw something I really liked. In the parking lot was a new silver two door hardtop that looked great. The problem was I couldn't figure what a GTO was (the only place that Pontiac is indicated is on the gas door). Within a few weeks the famous articles on the GTO started appearing. Not only did the car look nice but it also had good performance, and now I knew where to go to see it, and take a test ride. I ordered the car from A. E. England Pontiac in Hollywood where I got a no hassle price of $3236, $3416 out the door. The car was ordered about the first week in February, and my wedding was going to be on April 4. The stated lead time was 8-9 weeks. I wasn't too keen on driving my '52 Ford on my honeymoon. Fortunately the car came in a little early and I picked it up on March 28. Now my only problem was not getting it decorated (read that sabotaged) by my friends. Fortunately our reception was at a ranch that had a barn. I negotiated with the manager to have the car locked up in the barn so no one could touch it. At the end of he reception the new bride and groom took off for Santa Barbara and Monterey in their new muscle car.  That's the car I still have.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I grew up in a Pontiac family and my 67 Grand Prix was bought by my mom when I was 3 years old in 1991 and her intention the whole time was to keep me interested in cars specifically Pontiacs and to give me the GP when she felt I was responsible enough and could care for it properly so this summer she finally signed it over to me so after a long 25 year wait I'm now the proud owner of the car I grew up in!! The first car that I had when I got my license was a 67 Bonneville 4 door hardtop that was a gift from my mom when I turned 16 and I regrettably say I sold it 4 years ago. Now this summer I picked up a 64 Bonneville 4 door hardtop Brougham with factory air, 8 lugs, power seat, and the factory rear air shocks. That's my new restoration project its a very solid original car that has very clean interior and hasn't ever been wrecked. So I have a long history with the Pontiac brand!!

ADB4A785-702A-4185-979A4A2B34D6CF47.jpg

B187DB8E-3771-489B-A98AF016C5CE08D6.jpg

SAM_0878.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I purchased my Pontiac Firebird Esprit in October 1974 as a leftover from Kemper Pontiac Cadillac in Bridgewater, New Jersey. This was my first car purchase as I needed a car to drive to St. Joseph's HS in Metuchen, NJ from our home in Bound Brook, NJ. I was looking at Plymouth Dusters, Dodge Dart Swingers and a used 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix (silver with black interior). Glad I purchased the Firebird and glad I still have it! 28,900 miles on the Honduras Maroon with white interior. It has a 350 Automatic and I got it back on the road in April 2014 after nearly 30 years of inactivity in my Dad's garage. Gene Kirschenr at Auto Haus in Peapack, NJ resurrected the Bird and it's great to drive it once again.

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

• Like 2

My first car was a Pontiac, a "64" GTO in early "68" than the "69" Z/28 came out and bye bye GTO hello Z. Than in 2000 the Grand Prix followed by 2002 Black GP, a 2002 white GP & a red 2003 GP.

FullSizeRender 30.jpg

P7150092.JPG

P7150095.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Gary, here's the cars I have owned since 1974 (don't have electronic pics, something I will have to do in the future!)

1974 Pontiac Firebird Esprit Honduras Maroon (Still alive and on the road)

1979 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ Mission Beige

1981 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ Montreaux Maroon Metallic (replaced 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix)

1984 Pontiac 6000 STE Light Briar Brown Metallic/Dark Briar Brown Metallic (replaced 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix)

1986 Pontiac Grand Am SE Light Silver Metallic (Wife's car, got married 1985, replaced her 1975 Chevrolet Camaro)

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE Light Bronzemist Metallic (replaced Pontiac 6000 STE)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SLE  Light Bronzemist Metallic (replaced wrecked 2002 Pontiac Bonneville)

2006 Pontiac Torrent SE Stone Gray Metallic (Wife's Car replaced Grand Am)

Since the death of Pontiac I purchased the following:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ (Wife's car replaced Pontiac Torrent)

2012 Cadillac SRX Performance (replaced my 2006 Pontiac Bonneville)

2013 Kia Sportage SX (Wife's car replaced 2011 Chevy Equinox)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My first Pontiac was a 68 Firebird. That's the car I learned how to drive a standard on. It was originally a sprint six cylinder   Three speed, but when I bought it it had a 350 in it. Being 18 years old I beat that car like you would expect and blew the engine.  I replaced it with a 400 in a while later I blew the clutch. So I started to rent a two car garage and proceeded to tear   The car apart to rebuild it. Well that didn't go anywhere. A few years later I had to vacate the garage   And say goodbye to that car. I had no room for it but I kept the engine, the automatic transmission I was going to put in it and some other parts. 

During that time I had a 71 Grand Prix type J. The car had the coldest air conditioning I've ever owned. I sold it to my brother   And one night a local tow yard stole it.    The SUMRCA  was a mistake find. I was dropping off one of my coworker friends at his house and this car was parked down the end of a driveway face in with a for sale sign in the rear window.  The sign caught my eye driving by.  They wanted 2500 for it I gave them 2000.  That will be 30 years ago this summer. And just like most of us I still have lots of plans for that car including putting that 400 engine in it from the Firebird.  I just bought an MSD fuel injection set up for it. Got to gather more parts. Can't wait to start the project 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Founders

Lots of history you have there with Pontiac and a Trans Am! 

52 minutes ago, JoePentium said:

When I do get it fixed up and go to a show I will probably be the only one there.

Most definitely, it's a rare sighting to see a a 70s Grand Am. 

• 1 month later...

My '02 Firebird is actually my 7th Pontiac (after the '64 LeMans,  '83 T1000 (shouldn't even count!), '86 Sunbird, '88 FIrebird, '97 Grand Prix, '04 GTO (Man, I wish I still had that one!!) and there's a funny little story behind it.  Basically, while we were all battening down the hatches and waiting for Hurricane Irma here in South Florida, I was going through listings on Cars.com for Pontiacs, primarily Firebirds.  After several days of imbibing a good quantity of beer and sangria (can't let it go to waste), I picked up the phone and called Quality Buick/GMC (formerly Pontiac/Buick/GMC) in Alton Illinois regarding the sweet '02 they were selling.  Everything about the car checked out:  1 owner that made repeat purchases that had gotten a little too old for 2 cars, only 40000 original miles, no accidents.   I made a bold offer (including tax-in and shipping to South FL) and they accepted.  On October 3rd of this past year,  my '02 Bird arrived to sunny South Florida.  We dodged the bullet here in Palm Beach County in regards to Irma and I ended up a Pontiac owner again!  I call it my "Lucky Hurricane Car!"

FBird2018.jpg