Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Why did you get your Pontiac?

• Founders

Well as the title says "Why did you get your Pontiac?" so why did you? :lol2:

Well for me when I was 16, I bought a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 for round $3000 I think, drove that till I was almost 18 and at that time my parents convinced me it was an old car and figured I'm going to college next year I don't want to have this breakdown on me and be stranded somewhere so I started car shopping. At this point in time I wanted a 2002ish in that range Camaro but my dad being the kind guy he is said if that was to break down, he's still not coming to get me. Well it makes since I guess cause at the time my main school was gonna be Florida State University and it is a 7 hour drive to Tallahassee. My dad being the GM guy he is said to look at other GM vehicles seeing as the Camaro isn't a new vehicle and he wanted me to buy a new car. I was looking at Cobalts, Impalas, Malibus and pretty much the whole Chevy lineup when finally fate hit me and there was an ad for a G6 :agreed: instantly switched over to the Pontiac website and bam decided that was my first car choice. So went to the dealership and to make a long story short got a great deal on my brand new 2006 Black G6 GT Coupe for less than about $21k! Which it has been worth every penny to me so far!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Guest WooferGT

i bought my 99 grand prix for $700. cause my 96 sunfire which i paid $400 for was getting old, lol i sold the sunfire to my sister and she still loves it.

Well i had an 1988 burgandy iroc cammaro with a 305 tpi and wrecked my beatity beyond repair so after a year i got an 1997 ford taurus :agreed: and i bought it for $1000 and it had a blown gasket so i was like f this and it got bad after the first week so i had military ball on this saturday and i wanted a car so i went to the dealership and i saw a cobalt ss and wanted but my mom was being a bitch and was like no its a 5 speed and blah blah blah so i looked around wanted a G8 so bad but no the insurance and blah blah blah then a impala ss but no insurance so then saw my baby now in the corner looking sexy and was like this is the car took it for a test drive on the highway and creamed myself after i hit 90 my moms like look for cops so got it back and after 2 hours of bs with papers i drove her home

After owning my 01 Civic for a couple months... I got bored with it sold it and used the $$$ to pay off my girls car off... and give my friend a good downpayment on it. When I was looking for a car though i first went to the shop (my friend owns) and saw a nice 07 Maxima and had my eye on it but he said he had an 08 G6 at his house, for me to go take a look... My friend buys, fixes and sells cars. I was like WTF is a G6... so I go to his house and fell in love with the color combo... took it for a spin and the rest is history...

Sidenote... my sis wanted to KILL me cause I bugged the shit out of her to sell me the Civic, so she went and bought herself a truck just to sell me the car... and I turn around and flipped it for about 2k more than I bought it for!!! :agreed:

I bought my G8 because I wanted a RWD + V8 and the Charger SRT & GT500 Mustang were out of the price range that I wanted to spend.

I had originally wanted a 2010 Camaro SS in white, but there were none available at the time, so I got the G8.

I'm sure that this will offend some of you, but it is reality that there has been very little "excitement" from Pontiac since prior to the 90's (with the exception of the GTO and the Grand Prix GXP/Comp-G).

I only bought the G8 because it was made by Holden, and not Pontiac. Had it been designed and built by Pontiac, I'd have never bought it. At least I'll have aftermarket support and part availability by the manufacturer, as the Holden Commodore is still in production in Australia, with rebadged versions in both the UK (Vauxhall VXR-8) and the Middle East (Chevy Lumina SS).

My Vibe was an impulse buy on a day my wife and I had the day off. We went around and test drove a few cars and I took an automatic Vibe out for a spin and I liked the features of the car but hated the acceleration. I drove to London Ontario and test drove a manual one and the acceleration was better but it is still a slow car. At the time I had a 1990 Cavalier Z24 with 342000 km on it and the drivetrain was fine but the body was starting to fall off. I still have my 1979 GMC C20 but at 9 mi/gallon it sucks but it is fun to drive in a straight line. I bought the car because it could get about 30 mi/gallon on the highway and it is perfect because I can put most of the parts I need for my Chevelle in it without needing a trailer or taking the truck.

I had just came back from Japan and was stationed in CA. As some people may know that either have been here or are from here. You need a car to go anywhere in CA. Well, I had just got my license here in CA and I needed a car. So, I went and got one. My G6! :agreed: I love it, it's my first car and I'm not going to get rid of it anytime soon! :lol2:

My mom loved the look of the vibe, so she got a 03 AWD one and well she was really disappointed by the power of it so she gave it to me for my first car. The car wasn't that bad, it was just a dog and well compared to the g6 it really sucked.

My g6 was a Graduation/X-Mas/B-day present, it was a compromise between my vibe and a GTO. It has been a great car to me for the past 4 years.

My solstice was a car that I have wanted since I saw the concept. I loved the car, it was love at first sight lol. It took a big impulse to actually buy it but I have it now.

• Like 1

I had a 2003 Chevy Cavalier and two years into owning it I got T-boned by a Dodge Ram. The dink kind was screwing around and lost control in the snow and plowed into my drivers door and rear quarter. Pushed me across two lanes and down into a ditch. I brought into the dealer to get it fixed or hopefully totaled, she as you can imagine took some serious damage. I thought I was being smart taking it to the dealers body shop so I could get genuine GM parts. Thought I would be taken care of better since I bought it from them. lol Boy was I wrong after two months and refusing delivery of my car she was fixed but I wasn't happy with the end result. I had such a bad experience with the body shop I just didn't want the car any more and they just did poor work. Every time I looked at the car and drove it it just now had bad memories. So I went car shopping one day and looked at every GM coupe they had to offer, plus a couple sedans but wasn't too keen on having a sedan. I drove the Cobalt SS but didn't really want a stick shift, A Monty SS which broke my heart because it was just too much money for me. Also my first car was an 1981 Monty and I had fond memories of that car and had high hopes of getting one. I a drove the HHR but it wasn't sporty enough for me since there was no SS yet but tried it because I like the looks of them. I stopped by a Saturn dealer but all they had was there clone of the Cobalt SS and I had already ruled it out. Stopped by Buick but couldn't wrap my head around driving a old man car lol. Then last but certainly not least stopped by Pontiac but wasn't too excited because I didn't care for the IMO ugly over designed body cladding days but went in anyways. Looked around a bit and was like wow wheres all the body cladding gone? I stumbled across a used 2005 G6 sedan and was like wow not too bad at all. Walked around it a bit then saw the perfect car a new first year 2006 G6 GT coupe and it was love at first site. I know that sounds gay to anyone but a car person so I know you all understand. lol I have always wanted a silver car and really wanted rims this time around. low and behold she was everything I wanted and more. Silver V6 coupe with a all black interior, top of the line stereo, sunroof and Chrome rims. She was just barley out of my price range but heard GM may have some good sales soon. So I waved by to my dream car that I didn't even know she was the girl of my dreams!!! I keep checking on the prices and the sales for two months and I kept driving by the dealer to check to see if my girl was still there. Well one day I saw on the news 0% for 60 months plus incentives off. OMFG...I was giddy as a school girl, called my dad that's been running car dealers for 40 years. Because I would never buy a car with out him there to make sure everything goes well. My Mum & Dad met me at the dealer and they saw that look I'm my face as soon as they pulled in. They got out and I was like shes still here, shes still her. Ok big guy try to put your poker face on and lets go take a look and get you the car. lol Ok ill try but, but ........ well I took her out for a ride and was like I'm ready Dad!!! well they took a look at mine and all the normal stuff ect. I was off my payments/total price by about $2,000.00 my Dad took one look at my mom and said "well buddy your going to have to find something a different car. Well the look of disappointment was too much for him and said to my Mom give me the check book Lou. My face lit up and I said are you sure Pop? He replied I cant enjoy you this happy when I'm gone some day!!! You'll get some money someday when I die and I would rather give you a couple of bucks now and see you happy. He also knew how bad I wanted out of the Cavalier and the bad time I had with it. Well the WOOT train just pulled in and picked me up for a ride!!! I will always be grateful for my Mum and Dad helping me out on this one. I have thoroughly enjoyed this car and look forward to several more years with her.

thanks Mum and Dad for the help!!!!

There ya go all how I came to own my babby.

I drive a 2006 Pontiac Vibe that i purchased brand new from the dealership in Harlingen TX. The car was originally supposed to be a straight family car since I had my 97 Eclipse GS show car and my 1990 Eclipse GSX. I then had to sell my 2 eclipse's to support my family which is more important. I am married with 3 kids. I then started to get a little bored with the vibe and finally started to mod it. I have found a whole load of parts for the car and most of them coming from its sister car, the toyota matrix. I have had some trouble with the car but definitely enjoy the comments of "Nice Car! Thats very different!" People out here in AZ don't really see modded vibes and they are impressed so i am still continuing on modding the car out to a nice show car. Maybe ill turbo it someday....

Mark, dont forget your other Pontiac. :(

jus like Coupe_GXP, my G6 was a graduation/BDay/Christmas present. i went to look around at all the interesting cars in town: Honda (i know), Hundai, Toyota, Scion, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Lincoln, Mercury, and Pontiac. i was at a Chevy dealership looking at the trucks but then moved towards the Cobalt. it was ok, i kinda liked it. but the guys showing us the car, along with what i assume his manager, where getting real pushy to make the sale. got to the point where we didnt like how they were both acting so we left. got in the car and drove to Pontiac...across the street. ;) looked around, nice guy, then an awesome test drive. New car. :D

and thanks for that novel Jedi. :lol2:

Had a 1999 Grand Am right before I joined the Army, gave it to my aunt so she had a reliable car and went off to Basic. After I graduated Basic, went to AIT, wanted another ride, picked up a 2005 Mustang GT, hated the handling on the car, took it back, and when I was there I saw my G6 on the showroom floor, and I was like, what the hell is that and the dealer is like, oh it's a G6, you know, the replacement for the Grand Am. With those words, I was like, ok I want THAT car, didn't even test drive, just signed for it. Almost nutted my pants when the dealer was like watch this, and remote started my car. That's how the long and love-hate relationship between me and Promiscuous started :(

Well i started out with a 1990 Honda Accord which i had for about six months and decided to swap the engine to a F22B DOHC after the swap about a month later while my mom was driving it, it broke down and fried something electrical so i decided to get a new car at first i got Toyota Corolla S but a week later the sales manager at my dealership called me and asked if i would like a lower payment and a newer car so i was like hell yea i figured that i would just be getting a newer corolla but when i pulled up to the dealership the g6 was sitting there and the salesman was like would you want this car instead and i said first let me test drive it and then i bought it.

Guest PhantomLover007

I've pretty much been a Poniac guy. My first car was an '88 LeMans and I loved that little egg.. lol. After that I had a '92 Sunbird GT V6 and I went nuts w/ that until it got repo'd over some dumb shit. That kinda forced me to get a '94 Hyundai Scope, but the brakes AND the clutch went out at the same moment a month later.. lol. Then came the '96 Sunfire in 1999 and I had that until 2005. I had to put a rebuilt motor in it in 2001 and it ran like a champ, but I started growing tired of the car. Then I saw the GAGT's in 2002 at a dealership in Augusta, GA. I fell in love w/ them. So when I got my GA in 2005, it was on impulse. I stopped by a dealership, they gave me a price, I called my bank and they said I was good for up to 20g's and a day later, after a little bit of haggling, I had the car... lol

Next car after the wheels on the GA fall off will either be a Goat or a G8. Yep. I'm stuck on Pontiacs... lol lol

I've already touched on this in my Progression Thread, but, since we've got a thread here, I'll go into a bit more depth, maybe even rival Jedi for length. :D

Simply put, I bought my car in April of 2005 on a complete wymm after only driving the car about 3 miles. Didn't even go to the Used Car Lot expecting to get a Grand Am...

So, about a year prior to my Grand Am purchase, I had made a deal with my parents that was simply put. If I paid for my college education, they'd help me get a "New to me" car. It was also put in the clause that if I found a way to get a full ride to school (and I almost did, but that's another story) they'd front the bill of a $20-25k car, brand new off the line. That didn't exactly happen, and I got the '03 GA for $10,000 out the door, $2500 of which was my cash.

While looking for a car in the spring of 2005, I was one of those meathead tuner kids. 18 years old, getting out of high school, I wanted something everyone thought was cool. Looked into STi's, Lancers, Eclipses, etc, etc, etc... In the back of my mind, I had planned on the car being something that could go daily, all four season in Vermont winters, but also look great. I had a 1990 Mazda MX-6 coupe that was my intended performance project. That and a 1995 Mazda Protege that was nearly falling apart.

Anyway, in late March, I came across an ad for a 2001 Eclipse Spyder for a very reasonable price. Called up the Used Car Lot and said, I'll be up in a week to take a look at it. They agreed they'd be there and yada yada yada. Well, we got there and I saw the Grand Am sitting right out front, and told my old man I liked it. Come to find out, the Eclipse had sold the day before, so I said, lemme test drive the Pontiac. Took it about a mile and a half down the road, looked at my dad and simply said, "Yes." We sat down to crunch numbers, there was a 2002 Mazda Protege there as well, for a much lesser price, but, I was dead set on a coupe. After convincing my dad that it was the car for me, we finally found a way to make everything work and the car went home with me that day.

Unfortunately, I had to ditch the MX-6 to help pay for the Grand Am, so my project car was lost. The Protege was traded towards the GA as well. After a couple of years of stupid mods and basic things, I graduated college and began looking into serious stuff for the car. The rest is, what you could call, history. A pure impulse buy with almost no thought process, just knew that I liked it and that was it.

How's that for a book?

• 1 month later...

Basically for me Pontiacs have always just been there and better than Chevys haha

When i was 12 my dad had an old Firefly lying around that we fixed up and was going to be mine, ended up having to get rid of it, so i ended up with a 99 Cavalier, i then got into flippin cars for my work meaning i get to buy thier car super cheap and sell it for whatever i can to make a profit, after a bunch of cars (3 sunfire included) my insurance company put a stop to that and i got stuck in a POS Malibu which once i sold that was inspired to buy my Grand Prix because they just look so damn sweet. After that I bought the G6 GXP at a salvage auction last year, due to lack of funds my dad bought that from me and we fixed it these last few months, and I will be buying that this summer.

To bad pontiac didnt make trucks, cause i would give up my silverado for a pontiac variant in a hearbeat haha

well my girlfriend's step brother drove this POS red sedan that he absoloutly beat the crap out of. he would be at either 100% gas or 100% brake almost all the time. he also would smoke it out in open parking lots (dont know how he didnt get caught) so it had a slight funk to it, as well as a few crumbs i still need to vacuum out!!

he went to go live with his grandparents and left the car there at her house, mainly because it began this problem of not turning over at all. i worked on it and put a solenoid on which seemed to fix it. later i would replace the starter

the GF drove it away from her house one day when her mom decided to kick her out (she did that fairly often, but never serious) with NO licence and NO registration and NO insurance and exprired tags. luckily she made it to her friends apartment without getting caught, but alas the starter quit again.

it sat there a few weeks and should have already been towed by the apartment complex... but luckily someone had been lazy. my 160 dollar red top optima battery was still in it so i paid someone to go pick it up and hold on to it for a while.

i had tried to get it towed to her house, but she was broken up with me and had abandoned the car, along with some of her clothes and my battery. she refused to work with me so i said F-it, its mine now.

we got back together, and i recently fixed it. its now a beater i dont have to worry about scratching or breaking, if it dies ill part it and scrap it or bolt the body to a 4x4 frame and have a 4wd sunchicken.

it only cost me parts and labor. i cant count how many hours i worked on it, which would end up being alot of money, but luckily the starter was only 50 bucks, and i only put about 150-200 dollars in maintenance parts in it. im pretty happy with the result.

im just glad my wrenching skills can bring even the biggest POS back to life, and even make for a fun ride. she really scoots now! even with a blown head gasket! i think it is anyway, coolant keeps dissappearing... :lol2: but it never overheats.... still not sure why :lol2:

Dad owned a 2003 GAGT, that orange color kind. Thought it was hell of sexy and at that age I was convinced a speedometer reaching 150mph meant something. Also wanted something 4 door, and automatic. I hunted one of these down.

Unfortinately, I couldnt find one for a good price at the dealer. The salesmen recommended me a different car. A 1997 GTP. 4 door, leather, looked like a sweet ride. But I wasnt happy the speed didnt reach 150mph. I didnt believe it was fast. The salesmen said "trust me, this is a LOT faster..."

Thats my first Pontiac, my first car. I love Pontiac, but I wont buy another for keeps now that they are out of business... I dont know it just bothers me. Only Chevy now.

Well...I found my GA by accident. I was originally looking for a second gen Intrepid to buy. After losing hope, since all I seemed to find were dinky 2.7L models (the 2.7L DOHC V6 is absolute weaksauce) I found an 01 Intrepid R/T Motorsports Edition, it was $8K. I saw the car, and even test drove it. Oooooh man, one badass big sedan. But I never put a down payment, and the car ended up being sold two days later. Arg...

For the next month, I lost interest in finding something nice. My pops was helping me find a car, but all he seemed to find was either Ford Taurus's, or Dodge Stratus's. (oy...) but after just not caring for almost three weeks, my dad told me to come see what he found.

"Oh great, another 'loaded up' Taurus, dad?"

Wrong.

A shiny black GAGT sedan was on the computer screen.

"See? Your old man can find a cool car,"

I ended up getting the GA a week later, haven't looked back since.

The GA was bought back in July 07, for $8K, with 65K on the clock.

Well mine is extremely simple compared to some of urs...

Wanted YJ. 5 speed, 4.0 HO yada yada.

The Jeep was 5k, and super clean 100k miles.

The grand am was 8k with like 12k miles on it. My dad said he would go half way if i went with the grand am...

Should have gotten the YJ... But then i wouldn't be here.

Well my first car, and my baby, was a 1989 Camaro Z28. Long story short, a cop falling asleep at the wheel and ramming into my Camaro sent me into a rental car. This rental was a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT sedan. I had the car for a month and fell in love, and was very reluctant to give it up. Seven months later, with a busted up Camaro and a broken down beater, I went to the dealership and picked up a used 2008 G6 GT sedan with 28k on the clock. And that was that.

Kinda of a neat story of how I ended up with this car.

Ok, my first car was a 1987 Corsica, car was pretty much indestructible until after a year and a half (we had the car in the family for almost 7 years) of me owning it, the brake lines broke while I was pulling to a stop sign, luckily the e-brake worked, seeing the car was not in the best of shape, it was sold for $100 to some kid who eventually put it in the demolition derby ( <_< ) Well, after that I was stuck with my moms 98 Pontiac Bonnieville SSE, very fun car to drive and loads of power, after awhile of me having to bum rides off friends when my mom needed the car my Dad bought me a 1998 Plymouth Neon Expresso Coupe. Also, my first 5-speed. Learned it in one night, and that was also my first car I tuned and began teaching myself how to do things. Unfortunately, one night after work a brand new Cobalt SS was attempting to speed through a yellow, decided not too, and my brakes locked up and bumped his car. He got a scratch, and I had over 2,000 dollars in front frame damage and a slightly mangled bumper and hood. Car ran and drove fine, so I drove it whereever until my insurance company would get back to me. So a few days after I drove over to a friends house only to come out later to find that someone backed into it with their raised truck, and left. Filed a police report, but they didn't do anything even the dudes truck had green paint on its bumper, I even told them where the truck was. Oh well, the insurance company called back, and said there was no way that the damage could be that high, and quoted me $800, so I told them to forget it and got my next car, a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS sedan, also a 5-speed. Was a very fun car, and did a few mods to it as well. As it got older though, the car started having MAJOR issues, so 1 month before it was paid off I got a new car, a 2004 Cavalier LS. Automatic this time, didn't have this car for more than a year, the transmission started slipping, so I got sick of that right away, shortly after buying this car, I joined a car club, (WI-GM Tuners). So after getting fed up and wanting to rid myself of the faulty Cavalier (had NO money to fix the transmission), I began searching for a different GM vehicle. I went back to the dealership where I bought the Cavalier, and much to my surprise, a silver Sunfire was sitting there, took it for a drive, and loved it! Shortly after that, I purchased it, and loving every minute.

So, I guess to some up my life story, I bought this car more or less because still wanted to be a member of the car club, AND because I wanted a car that ran nicer, but the more I drive this car, the more I love it. Now I am in love with this brand, even though they are gone :(:D

I bought(with help from my dad) a 06 G6 2.4L he didnt want it going to my moms so she bought me a 97 s10. I sold the s10 and keep the G6 after my mom and dad become down to earth. 2.4L got totaled in May of 2009. I bought a 09 G6 3.5L Dad and I got into a fight he took car I bought a 88 Jeep Comanche. Tried selling it my mom and I got into a fight I finally sold jeep and now have my 09 G6 3.5L back

Thats long story short

Because I needed a sedan and wanted a V8, G8s were still new and expensive and Chargers and 300s are ugly as sin, so GXP won by default. :rofl:

Lady said yes to my offer which was $3000 less than her asking... didn't think she was going to say yes, but at that point, felt obligated to buy.... now it gets me to and from work, and my kids school in a decent time, and my kids love my system, rims, and underbody's...