Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Insurer to monitor drivers via cell phone data

FeedBot

Arity InsuranceFirst, there were insurance companies using dongles — devices that plug into your car’s data port and transfer vehicle information like acceleration and braking data to your phone, which then relays it to insurance companies. Now, one insurer is taking things a step further and directly monitoring cell phone data when assessing a...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

As long as this continues to be "opt-in" I don't really care but if this ever becomes compulsory, hell no. 

On a separate note, how do they distinguish between me, driving and me, a passenger unless it's some sort of app you turn on or enable. Seems like there's a lot of holes to start with IMO.

• Like 2

Yup too much big brother insurance agencies just trying to charge ya out the ying yang more than they do already.  Now, I do have a twist for this monitor thingie. :D  Now, it would be fun to actually find out just what they would do or say to someone like me who would plug it in only when racing at a road course track or land speed racing. I think that it would be hilarious to find out the outcome of their reaction would be on the data.:lol:

• Haha 1

I barely use a cell phone so no biggie to me.  But like a drunk god help you if you are texting and driving and you run into me.

• Founders
4 hours ago, notallthere said:

I barely use a cell phone so no biggie to me.  But like a drunk god help you if you are texting and driving and you run into me.

My phone usually stays in my pocket the duration of any drive where I’m the driver. Same on anyone too busy with their phone to drive and hits me. 

The only way that you can prevent your cellular phone from being tracked is to take the battery out of it...

Was involved In a head on collision in 2004 that destroyed my mint condition low mileage 86 TA...Was hit by a teenaged girl who was blabbing on her phone and doing everything but driving...When she crossed the centerline in her Sunbird and hit us at 55 MPH....Happened so fast that I never saw it coming...Until it Was too late..Was EXTREMELY lucky that everyone concerned was basically able to walk away....Am still pissed about it..Personally I pretty much hate laws and regulations..but think that you should loose you drivers license If you get caught playing with your phone while driving..Just like a DWI......

• Sad 1