Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
FeedBot

Proposed bill calls for ban on internal combustion cars in California by 2040

Chevy Bolt EVA California lawmaker has introduced a bill that aims to ban the sale of vehicles powered by fossil fuels. If approved, the ban would take effect in 2040. While at first blush it might sound like a ploy to draw attention to an issue, the man behind the bill insists it’s neither a threat or a publicity stunt. “Until you set a...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

22 years is still short to demand your whole population of one of the largest states to purchase an electric vehicle. Technology enhances quickly so I'm not completely worried about the cars themselves, I'm more worried about the infrastructure, like @Frosty keeps stating. Maybe Cali will beat the odds but what do these people do the second they head out of Cali? We'll see what happens...

Posted (edited)

The other thing I am concerned about is once again the government is legislating consumer demand or consumer choice. That usually has a tendency to fail to meet the government's expectations....and tick off some of their constituents.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1