Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's Truck

I think it sits pretty even right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Finally got the tape out and measured the hieght. I am about 1.5 inches higher in the back which is good for me.

I also figured out that the bed was leaning to the right due to spring sag which these trucks are prone to do.

• 11 months later...

Buy a truck with no options? Just add them.

Tilt column

IMG_1771_zpsbe9ff84c.jpg

Jack

IMG_1772_zpsf5f5b269.jpg

Hood bracing as the 73-80 trucks are prone to bending.

IMG_1766_zpscfad299a.jpg

IMG_1767_zps69e4724c.jpg

IMG_1769_zpsb21d912b.jpg

IMG_1770_zpsbe9fbf32.jpg

New Hood

IMG_1773_zps4587e1d7.jpg

IMG_1774_zps0c016ac5.jpg

Thanks I am kinda attached to the old girl. I have had the truck for 13 years this January coming up. Maybe big block next year.

• 1 month later...

Have you had any chance to work on the truck lately, or are you solely focused on the Chevelle at this point, fixing the Vibe, Fiero, and Cavalier only as the need arises?

I have worked on the truck and Ms Notallthere is ordering suspension for the Fiero. The truck I put on a 78 grill and one of those new fangled in cab hood releases.

Dang,,,,ain't you sumpthin' special. You must be looking for an excuse to go back to Cooter's Garage in the near future with it.

• 9 months later...

Tuned up the old girl today as 14 year old cap and rotor with 2 year old spark plugs she was missing on 7. I did find out that my blow by is cylinder 7 and I will have to re do the valve seals soon. Since it has been 7 years with this motor I am not in a hurry.

Anyways custom stuff:

old

IMG_0032_zpsbdf79934.jpg

new

IMG_0033_zps499856e0.jpg

You can drive to NPD why are you getting stuff mailed to you.

It's almost an hour drive for me. Frosty can tack on another 45 min. one way.

• 2 years later...

So I have puttered with the truck here and there.  Lowered the front another 2 inches with drop spindles.  I have been chasing a ticking noise coming from the bellhousing.  Well I found out that my 37 year old flywheel has a crack in it.  Damn they do not make things like they used to.

I have done 110 mph on a runway but the front end gets damn light and for me was a little scary.