Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

California Fall Fun For MOST. (Definitely not Fun For All)

BAMBAMM

Just by using Google maps it looks like we could head out towards highway 1 (PCH) after lunch and cruise it up to somewhere like Point Dune State Beach or as far up as a spot on the map labeled "State of California"... aka Point Mugu State Park. Both of these places look like they have big parking areas for pics and areas to hang out. Again I did this just by using Google maps the locals have a idea of what these places are like... Cruising up Pacific Coast Highway would be AWESOME though... just my .02 :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still holding out for Jessika to come through on the "drive" she's been saying she's been wanting to get us all out there since fresno.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=13

ok try this one, this is the base of the route.... I will add in Stunt RD and wherever anyone else might feel like going...

I dont want to meet up at universal, they charge 10 bux just to go on the parking lot...

Well dang it, Santa Monica was requested by Jessika, so what's the problem with making a $10 payment for parking when we'll be eating at the same location. This is why I requested over and over some involvement from the SoCal members.......Knowing where there is a place we can meet without having to pay for parking is nice, especially when someone knows for sure....I've learned you can't park at a hotel, even a phreakin motel 6 without paying 10 for parking per day......so help a fatty out and find a free parking lot to meet! Maybe a city park that has cheaper parking/entry fees than the Parking Lots. In any case, if you know of a place we can park, that doesn't charge, post it up and we'll make it.

Again, I'm staying at the Motel 6 on Hollywood Blvd, so I'm pretty much in the center of downtown Hollywood, I think!

The cruise looks great, it's about an hours worth of a drive, so we'll wanna get it done before sundown, that way those that have to drive home that night can get on their way and be home at a reasonable hour.

Happy thursday ya'll!

Why is it so difficult to find free parking? Why not park at like a Grocery store or Wal Mart? why does it have to be somewhere that you have to pay? Are we all allergic to walking a little distance?

• Founders

Look for a school that doesn't have gates or care too much about trespassing or a school that's near a park. If its the weekend they shouldn't care that you use their parking lot for a meeting location and quick pics.

That's what we did in Orlando.

Just a thought... the drives looks AWESOME BTW...

Why dont we meet at the Red Robin closest to the route, have lunch then head out on our cruise all the way to where Jess suggested and then go from there....

Red Robin

6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd # 49H

Canoga Park, CA 91303-2610

There's the option of heading back down towards santa Monica via the PCH or for those traveling back to NorCal/CenCal (deppending on time) heading up north via the PCH...

If time permits it would be AWESOME to do a full circle and end up back at the Red Robin parkinglot, take pics and saying goodbye to one another and then heading home (for those not staying).... Only bad thing is that its a 2HR cruise.....

We would take Jess' route, then head towards SM, but then head north on towards the starting point through another route like the 27 or something... just a thought.

Red Robin appears to be at a shopping mall, HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID, I JUST CALLED AND SPOKE WITH JESUS! Jesus said there is free parking at the Westfield Topanga, so I LOVE THE IDEA PETE!

Here's the location address with picture and it's FREE PARKING!

RED%20ROBIN%201.jpg

Ok, so we're good on this then???? It's just a location to meet and eat! It's supposed to be fun and not drain everyones wallet, I know, so thank you Pete, and thank you Jesus for answering the phone at Red Robin and telling me parking is FREE!

Everyone on board with this? I mean it's pretty far from where my hotel room is, it's not Santa Monica, but hey, it's free!

Really without Myriam or Jessika, who requested Santa Monica, we're doing the best we can for planning.

Is it too late to cancel the reservation? You can always head down to Santa Monica via the PCH....

Nope, not too late at all, it's only a 10-15 mile drive, from the hotel to there, but I'm looking around the Red Robin now for hotels.

Motel 6 Canoga Park, Ca #4240

7132 De Soto Ave

Us 101/n Ventura Fwy At De Soto Ave

Canoga Park, CA, 91303

$60 a night! Friday and Saturday Night. It's less than a mile away!

what time are we starting the cruise? When we (GMEternal) do this, we generally start out early and have lunch at Neptunes Net on the beach...

So why not a 10am meet time at Red Robin on Topanga...

On the map i posted I chose a starting point that is a large parking lot (another common meet point for these kinda things.) I really hate going to Universal... its such a tourist trap.

I have a 6 hour drive to get to the Red Robins from my house so I would have to leave by 4am to make it there by 10am. I would prefer a noon meet time so I can get an extra 2 hours of sleep before making that drive, however, if everyone wants to do 10am, then Ill make it work and show up with a smile on my face either way. Just let me know so I can plan my Friday night accordingly.

ALERT!!!

I am getting orders for Miramar Airstation on the 12th. What this means is, I'll have a new schedule and I don't know what my off days are going to be. I'm going to request to be off that day but now I'm about 50%.

Let's hope for the best!

Alright, so I've change my plans to shorten my trip once again! I'm still coming down Friday night, but I'm leaving Saturday NO LATER THAN 6PM. I have an event that evening in Concord that I can't miss, it's supposed to be the biggest party of the year.........some might know what I mean!!!

So, Phenom & Puckhndlr, maybe lets try this???? Phenom, if you come down with Puck, I'll be able to get you home that night and you might just be able to make it? What do you guys think?

now as far as time goes, Noon makes the best time for most of us, just because some have a 6 hour drive, remember your drive to Fresno from Oceanside? Aren't you glad we didn't change it to an earlier time? I think if some of you wanna get there earlier than noon, fine, I'll be at my hotel room till 11 anyway.

Updated 9/22/2010

CONFIRMED Guests/Members

1. Bambamm - Sacramento, CA (Host, but I'm sure there will be a Hostess, too)

2. Skrilla818 - SFV, CA (Back up Hostess)

3. markpetersonii - Camp Pendleton, CA

4. Phenom - San Jose, CA

5. Oropher101 - Edwards AFB, CA

6. G8Girl - Santa Monica, CA (Hostess) <---Preggers, too!

7. Puckhndlr - San Mateo, CA. Glad you can make it Brandon.

8. 1BADG6GT - Fresno, CA.......Told me yesterday he's gonna make it.

MAYBE Attending Guests/Members

1. Ringo - Napels, FL (This is the fun for all right? I'll be there in spirit! )

2. Jedi3 - Rockland MA

3. SnowmanG6 - So Cal...He's a maybe. depends on work and a few other stuff. pretty much He'll be there if he show's up.

4. SexyG6-Kalamazoo, MI (workin in MT now) been itchin to get back to santa monica for a while now this sounds like a good time to do it lol....

5. ticha_cali - Anaheim, CA

BAMBAMM