Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
  • Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

68venable

1975 Pontiac Lemans

Well, I guess I might as well post on this forum. I picked up a rusty 1975 Lemans a while back. It came stick with a Chevy 250 inline 6 motor. I had cleaned that motor up, needed a carb, and found a Chevy 305 cheaper than the replacement carb. So we put the 305 in and made it driveable. So now that its driveable... it only needs everything else replaced. I found some fenders on craigslist in Oregon, I live in Houston TX, and he happened to be coming to Austin so that worked out for me... except they have some minor rust issues so not that simple but still better than what I had. Its been fun to drive though. My first car was a 1976 Pontiac Lemans so it feels good to be back in one. Photos to come.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

20171203_151342.jpg

Awesome to have it back on the road and running under its own (albeit Chevy) power. Now you have  better fenders.

What else are you planning to do to it once you have the time and the money?

The original engine was chevy so the swap went easy enough. Im still working on the fenders. Itll be a slow project starting from front to back then interior then some paint. Needs front bumper replaced, hood repaired, fenders repaired then replaced, new door metal along the bottom, rear quarter panels, trunk floor, back dash metal... all kinds of stuff. My real goal is just to have fun with it and not let all the work ruin my attitude towards the car. Ill definitely learn some sheetmetal work along the way.

20171203_145623.jpg

20171203_171557.jpg

20171203_165505.jpg

Just a little bit of rust :) . Keep up the good work!

In case I have not given them to you, keep these places in mind for possible used parts.

East West Auto Parts Inc.      https://www.eastwestautoparts.com/

Franks Pontiac Parts              http://www.frankspontiacparts.com/

According to the latest Smoke Signals - Thomas Manning (785) 238-3471 has rust free fenders for 73-77 Lemans, GTO and Can-Am for sale. He appears to be in Kansas. He may have other things you need too.

Edited by Frosty

Thanks Frosty. Never heard of East West before. Looks like they have a lot of stuff. Is Smoke Signals a site or forum or something?

Posted (edited)
On 2/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, 68venable said:

Thanks Frosty. Never heard of East West before. Looks like they have a lot of stuff. Is Smoke Signals a site or forum or something?

Smoke Signals is the monthly magazine for members of the Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI). The Legend is the same thing for the GTO Association of America (GTOAA).  However, you can go to poci.org and look around and download a past issue of Smoke Signals. Ditto for gtoaa.org and the Legend.

The back of the magazine has want ads, classifieds, and advertising by various Pontiac vendors.

The only remaining Pontiac-themed commercial magazine is Poncho Perfection, published and edited by Don Keefe.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Frosty

Thanks for the info. I will chack that out.

I really like the Pontiac colonnade body style of the '70s, very rarely (like once, lol) do I see them at car shows.  Keep up the good work, 68veable!

I tried to make the sky in your first picture a little more dramatic...

28698422_1803215476384118_43824642161896

11 hours ago, stratman said:

I really like the Pontiac colonnade body style of the '70s, very rarely (like once, lol) do I see them at car shows.  Keep up the good work, 68veable!

I have to agree with stratman. About the only Colonade style Pontiac I see at car shows are: '77 Can-Ams, '73 GTOs, '73-75 Grand Ams, and on a really rare occasion a Lemans or Lemans Sport Coupe.