Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1975 Pontiac Lemans

Well, I guess I might as well post on this forum. I picked up a rusty 1975 Lemans a while back. It came stick with a Chevy 250 inline 6 motor. I had cleaned that motor up, needed a carb, and found a Chevy 305 cheaper than the replacement carb. So we put the 305 in and made it driveable. So now that its driveable... it only needs everything else replaced. I found some fenders on craigslist in Oregon, I live in Houston TX, and he happened to be coming to Austin so that worked out for me... except they have some minor rust issues so not that simple but still better than what I had. Its been fun to drive though. My first car was a 1976 Pontiac Lemans so it feels good to be back in one. Photos to come.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Awesome to have it back on the road and running under its own (albeit Chevy) power. Now you have  better fenders.

What else are you planning to do to it once you have the time and the money?

The original engine was chevy so the swap went easy enough. Im still working on the fenders. Itll be a slow project starting from front to back then interior then some paint. Needs front bumper replaced, hood repaired, fenders repaired then replaced, new door metal along the bottom, rear quarter panels, trunk floor, back dash metal... all kinds of stuff. My real goal is just to have fun with it and not let all the work ruin my attitude towards the car. Ill definitely learn some sheetmetal work along the way.

20171203_145623.jpg

20171203_171557.jpg

20171203_165505.jpg

In case I have not given them to you, keep these places in mind for possible used parts.

East West Auto Parts Inc.      https://www.eastwestautoparts.com/

Franks Pontiac Parts              http://www.frankspontiacparts.com/

According to the latest Smoke Signals - Thomas Manning (785) 238-3471 has rust free fenders for 73-77 Lemans, GTO and Can-Am for sale. He appears to be in Kansas. He may have other things you need too.

Edited by Frosty

• 1 month later...

Not much progress lately. Got some quotes for seat upholstery and while I was out threw the alternator belt. Then I took the seat and carpet out, I found a hole through the floor. I crawled underneath to see the hole from underneath and also found a core plug or freeze plug leaking. I also noticed someone had wired a piece of 2x4 to a crossmember but couldnt figure out why exactly. So Ill be patching the hole in the floor pan, spraying rust converter everywhere and installing some carpet when my order arrives.20180303_190340.thumb.jpg.862ea5b2a485d45507ca27e59641e194.jpg

20180303_190323.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, 68venable said:

Thanks Frosty. Never heard of East West before. Looks like they have a lot of stuff. Is Smoke Signals a site or forum or something?

Smoke Signals is the monthly magazine for members of the Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI). The Legend is the same thing for the GTO Association of America (GTOAA).  However, you can go to poci.org and look around and download a past issue of Smoke Signals. Ditto for gtoaa.org and the Legend.

The back of the magazine has want ads, classifieds, and advertising by various Pontiac vendors.

The only remaining Pontiac-themed commercial magazine is Poncho Perfection, published and edited by Don Keefe.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Frosty

I really like the Pontiac colonnade body style of the '70s, very rarely (like once, lol) do I see them at car shows.  Keep up the good work, 68veable!

I tried to make the sky in your first picture a little more dramatic...

28698422_1803215476384118_43824642161896

11 hours ago, stratman said:

I really like the Pontiac colonnade body style of the '70s, very rarely (like once, lol) do I see them at car shows.  Keep up the good work, 68veable!

I have to agree with stratman. About the only Colonade style Pontiac I see at car shows are: '77 Can-Ams, '73 GTOs, '73-75 Grand Ams, and on a really rare occasion a Lemans or Lemans Sport Coupe.

• 2 years later...

Not a whole lot to update. The 305 didnt work out. It was a $400 gamble that got us moving for a while. I replaced the bent up front bumper with a better one from a 1976 Lemans. The interior is basically done except I want to color the lower door panels to their original color. I have an 350 engine with 365hp and 405lbs of torque on the way as well as a built TH350 trans. The engine arrives tomorrow and the trans in a couple of weeks due to a delay. I bought a different front clip that looked real good at the junkyard and then not so good once I got it home and started cleaning it up. I will try to upload the interior photos. I still have 10 years of metal work to do if I decide I want to LOL. More updates to come soon, I hope.

20200806_144358.jpg

20200806_144409.jpg

20200806_144500.jpg

• Like 2

It has arrived. Dyno sheet shows max hp is 378 at 5600 and max torque is 413 at 3900rpm.

Screenshot_20200807-151756_Gallery.jpg

Edited by 68venable
  • Like 1

A true 350 crate motor? You don’t say! Where did you get it from?

The interior looks good. 

I just found an old slide my father took of my original ‘73 LeMans Sport Coupe I didn’t think I’d ever see that car again.

I ordered a Blueprint 350 (keeping it Chevy). I'm just waiting for the trans to ship now. I'm real happy with how the interior turned out. I just have a couple of things on the interior to finish. It will look and feel good from the driver's seat soon. It wont look too impressive from the outside though LOL

https://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP3501CTC1K/10002/-1

Edited by 68venable

19 hours ago, 68venable said:

I ordered a Blueprint 350 (keeping it Chevy). I'm just waiting for the trans to ship now. I'm real happy with how the interior turned out. I just have a couple of things on the interior to finish. It will look and feel good from the driver's seat soon. It wont look too impressive from the outside though LOL

https://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP3501CTC1K/10002/-1

So what trans did you go with? 700R4, 400TH, 350TH?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how long you will be happy with that tall a gear. Sure 2.73 is great for the highway mileage - which is fine, don't get me wrong. It just means it will be a dog out of the hole.