Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RC Car Thread

i got it used but it was only ran 4 times. i did the break in procedure that hpi has in their manual, and its running better now, just gotta get it dialed in now

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's cool.

i had the same problems with my savage when i bought it. got it used and i honestly don't know how this kid ran it. i'm only running 20% O'Donnell racing fuel and had to do a complete re-tune.

once this engine is toast there's a bigger engine i want to get.

that's cool.

i had the same problems with my savage when i bought it. got it used and i honestly don't know how this kid ran it. i'm only running 20% O'Donnell racing fuel and had to do a complete re-tune.

once this engine is toast there's a bigger engine i want to get.

the 4.6?

i got an onboard temp reader and that helped a ton trying to get it dialed in. saw a max temp after a long wot run and it was at 225. pretty close to spot on. so more fuel from the exhaust so i think i got the hang of it now

the 4.6?

i got an onboard temp reader and that helped a ton trying to get it dialed in. saw a max temp after a long wot run and it was at 225. pretty close to spot on. so more fuel from the exhaust so i think i got the hang of it now

yep got the 4.6 in it now. the 5.9 is a turd from what i have read on savage-central forums, seems like it's not much better than the 4.6.

i went with O'donnell racing fuel after searching around years ago and i have to say it's a pretty damn good fuel. it doesn't gum the shit out of the engine either.

when i first got the Rustler i went with traxxas fuel and had more problems than anything with it. the rustler sat for many years and with only using the traxxas fuel in it, it gummed the shit out the engine but the savage which sat for 3yrs was fine, no problems getting it started even after sitting for so long. the one way bearing was still good also.

i'm gonna try and take the savage out this week and see how the upgrades perform. got the XL tvp's and wider axle setup which lengthened it 2" and widened it roughly 1".

i got one of the on board temp readers too. i think it;s the one hpi mentions in the manual.

yea, the one i got is just a venom one that was 16 dollars from the local hobby shop. im running maxy's 20 percent in my firestorm. i was thinking about picking up a traxxas s maxx with a bad trx 2.5 and swapping it with the 3.3 because since the firestorm sits so low it doesnt do very well in the grass. it does have a fully adjustable suspension though so i may try rasing the ride height and see where that brings it. o yea and did i mention that this thing sucks down the gas? lol

o and i have a question about the clutch and spur gears. is it the less teeth the higher top speed or the other way around . idk whether or not its like gears in a real car or not

nope theyre different cuz i dont even see a option for a 19 tooth clutch gear which is what my firestorm has. im not sure on the spur gear though. on a side note i did just pick up a traxxas s maxx for 75 with a bad 2.5r

finally some pics of my trucks. heres the two together

P1040141.jpg

my nitro firestorm 10t

P1040142.jpg

and the s maxx i just picked up today, has a bad 2.5r, a two speed trans, waterproof steering servo, and high torque throttle servo. im just gonna trade in the bad 2.5 for another 2.5

P1040143.jpg

check it out, got me another Scaler. I traded my Slash 4x4 for a Tamiya F-350 Highlift. Already made it a dully. The body is alittle beat up but Im planning on a new one anyways

Plans are: Alumnium F-350 Body, 4 link rear, compleat light system. thats all I got for now. I really havnt looked at anything aftermarket for this truck.

well I only have 2 photos of it right now so here they are

Crawltoberfest2010046.jpg

Crawltoberfest2010047.jpg

nice i wanna get one of the f-350 highlift's. the dually is awesome and a dually body would set that off good.

wtf my post got deleted. brendan, i didnt see the combo on there. they didnt even have a 19t clutch gear listed. idk

and thanks darren

i saw the post before and then it disappeared. ill see what i can dig up. sometimes unless someone puts together a chart finding the gear ratios is hard.

thanks. they are really nice. this is my project truck now. cause it needs alot of TLC. Im pulling the motor and ESC and putting in new ones, then gonan check the 3 speed Trans gears, and the front and rear diffs. well I have dully fenders for the rear but they look like crap. im gonna make my own. plus im also gonna get a RC semi truck axal for the rear cause there more narrow so it will bring the wheels in alittle more and make it look better.

Pontiacgt201 you should make that G6 I showed you! I cant aford to do it so let me live thru you!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

big update on my SCX10. you guys are the first to find out.

I was digging around my attic and found a old Crocodile hunter 1/10 truck I had. and Had to try it on the truck. well after 12+ hours of work its ready to mount just got to let the paint dry.

heres some photos

First test fit

newSCX10Body004.jpg

newSCX10Body001.jpg

newSCX10Body003.jpg

few teaser shots im using for the RC Crawler forums im on. they dont get to see the finished truck or even the first mount shots, they will only see these until monday cause theres a scaler comp tomorrow.

newSCX10Body006.jpg

newSCX10Body007.jpg

thanks guys, took about 20 hours of stright work from beginning to end t get the thing cut, mounted, painted and finished. its funny the photos make the wheels look like they really stick out but they dont haha.

but thanks guys. im really happy with how it came out and know that theres no one else out there with a SCX10 like this haha

• 2 weeks later...