Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RC Car Thread

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the TXT has front and rear locked diff's. the savage has open diff's with thick diff oil. i ditched the aluminum a-arms in favor of some plastic types.

here's the nitro side which is my savage x. i need new pics since i changed a few things. went with XL tvp's and axle setup which makes it a little wider and longer.

212.jpg

here's an old one of the TXT-1. it's changed a bit since the pic. i was screwing with different tires that day. still sporting the same body but the height and a few other things have changed.

Picture-112.jpg

good choice on going with Plastic A-arms. Aluminum sucks. cause once they bend there done, plus in a hard hit they can transfer the hit to weaker points of the vehical.

Damn does that TXT-1 have Dullys?

not to mention the aluminum arms add a shit-ton of weight. the only thing i liked about them was the mounting for the shocks.

it's a simulated dually. one rim two tires. looks like the rim is built so you could run 2 tires as long as they are the same size. they grip pretty good vs what's on the front. with the dually wheels it will do wheelies pretty good.

i mis-read the auction and ended up with 2 sets. thought the auction was for 1 single tire so i bought 2 ended up with enough for 4 wheels. i also thought they were setup like a real in real life dual wheel. still cool none the less.

ill get some new pics of the savage soon. oh yeah i forgot the TXT is setup for 4-wheel steering.

better shot of the tires

Picture-110.jpg

damn that savage is nice. lol i have a thing for hpi, and im already thinking of getting another one. not sure if its gonna be a a nitro or electric yet. i really like the rs4's, but i kinda wanted a electric kit so that i could piece together what i needed. i heard that brushless motors can haul ass

Added some stuff to the bed. Found some scale stuff at a local Craft store, then made some bungy cords and a pull rope

also got a CC BEC and some screws to close off the holes on the axials

001.jpg

002.jpg

pic of my SCX10 and my Slash 4x4

003.jpg

talk about, share, comment, post pics, vids and info about your or other RC Car/Truck/Van/SUV/Buggy all rolled into one thread.

I have 2 Traxxas Electric cars. Only oneis the russler and one is the bandit. The only true difference is the a-arms, wheels and bodies. I will get a picture soon. Nothing like what you guys have. It was a RTR tojust toywith.

completely forgot about this one but i also have a traxxas rustler. one of the older ones that came with the .15 motor. found an auction on ebay for 4 traxxas .25 motors 2 worked and the other 2 were mostly for parts, so i picked them up just to get the rustler up and going for now then ill get a new motor later if i need it. gonna see how well the used motors do.

got the motors a few months back and just got around to getting the motor mount conversion kit i needed to use the .25 in the rustler so when i get that up and running ill take some pics of it.

ive had the rustler for awhile. maybe for the better part of 9yrs. considering it's fairly light it should be good with the .25 motor. it was the first nitro r/c car i ever bought.

Went to a Scale Crawler Comp today that was put together buy a club im in. Had a blast. I won a scale driver Figure in a door prize. so there are some pics of the truck running at the Comp and then my driver in the truck. I also bought a bumper and a Hitec Servo

SVSCCrawlerMeet001.jpg

SVSCCrawlerMeet017.jpg

SVSCCrawlerMeet037.jpg

SVSCCrawlerMeet039.jpg

SVSCCrawlerMeet050.jpg

SCX10001.jpg

SCX10002.jpg

yeah its a star trek figure. there about the best scale figures for Scaler trucks. Im planning for new cloths cause Im not leaving the star trek crap. haha. but when you win it for free hey not to bad IMO.

lol nope this was a first

Im planning to go to spencers and see if they have a Freddy or Jason Figure that is the right size for the truck. cuase that would be badass.

yeah the one guy I know used a Terminator with out skin. it looks badass. I want a Jason Figure so I can paint the truck black when I get the new body and put little blood splashes on it, haha be badass.

got the firestorm today. had a problem getting it to start though. it would turn on then stall. and it was spitting gas out the exhaust, there was no smoke. the high speed needle and low speed needle are both set to factory settings. i have no idea why this thing wont stay running. brendan, little help here?

got the firestorm today. had a problem getting it to start though. it would turn on then stall. and it was spitting gas out the exhaust, there was no smoke. the high speed needle and low speed needle are both set to factory settings. i have no idea why this thing wont stay running. brendan, little help here?

is it brand new or used? did you do the break in?

i'd say since you got fuel coming out the pipe your running rich.