Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RC Car Thread

get me a list of everything we'll need and ill see if its in the budget. I dont need one quite as fast as yours but still needs to have some balls.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well For a truck thats easy but I dont think that body would fit.

Hell You can get a 2wd Slash for around $200-$300 and then a good brushless motor and ESC for around $100-$150

A 4x4 stock is around $500. the slash 4x4 comes with the brushless motor I have. but it will need some other parts to make it durable as hell. I ran mine into a tree at full speed and didnt break a thing but it I wouldnt have had my aftermarket parts that would have been a different story haha.

I got a cool Idea. someone should make like 2 or 3 inch long Foreverpontiac Stickers for me to put on my truck.

$500 :lol2: holly hell thats so not in the budget, never mind I had no idea. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Well you guys know im into RC Trucks. I picked up a new Scale 1/10 Axial SCX10 KIT. I had to build it, which was alot of fun. I got the Tekin FX-R ESC with the Tekin 35T motor. Gonna have that hooked up to a 2s Lipo. Future plans are to extend the wheel base, Proline Jeep Commanchee Body, Tough Armor front and rear bumpers, Bulldog Winch, and other stuff.

so on to the pics

AxialSCX10002.jpg

AxialSCX10003.jpg

AxialSCX10005.jpg

AxialSCX10006.jpg

AxialSCX10007.jpg

AxialSCX10008.jpg

alittle blood went into this one. I have the nice cut in my thumb to proof that. :lol2: I love this thing. very easy to build. I finished it up and made a little crawling course out of some old school binders and a photo albam book. This truck rules. haha. One of my favorite RCs I have owned. no it is my favorite. well heres the photos of it all finished

AxialSCX10009.jpg

AxialSCX100010.jpg

My RC truck has its own little RC truck :lol2:

AxialSCX100011.jpg

AxialSCX100012.jpg

So IM gonna be taking it to a local creek with a big shore of rocks. should be a blast.

I love the body on that one! :lol2: Great work on the paint! :lol2:

how much did that baby cost ya?

Thanks man. Yeah I love the body. the only problum with it is the front bumper gets cought up on the rocks. May do some triming of the bumper to help with that.

This one, for the truck kit, Motor & ESC, Steering servo, Paint, and wheel weights it cost me $460. I sold my mountain bike it get it haha

You don't rock crawl that fast. :lol2:

Over on A-R.com, a few of the members have been picking these up. These little buggers are slick. If it weren't for the heafty price tag, I'd nab one.

STFU, I'm a cheap bastard. :lol2:

Been working on the truck today. cleaned it after yesterdays run and added some new stuff.

Wheel wells in the front

AxialSCX100018.jpg

AxialSCX100020.jpg

MudFlaps for the rear

AxialSCX100021.jpg

AxialSCX100022.jpg

and a hanging air freshener for the cab :lol2:

AxialSCX100019.jpg

Cool man Cant wait to see what ya got.

Hell I have 2 RC right now. but trying to sell one. I love my Crwaler so much I dont need my Short Course Truck anymore haha.

haha so I hear one of said RC cars is for sale :EDIT: looking to market it? maybe put it up in the for sale section with some pictures, first maybe throw me some info on it? and maybe a price range?

haha so I hear one of said RC cars is for sale :EDIT: looking to market it? maybe put it up in the for sale section with some pictures, first maybe throw me some info on it? and maybe a price range?

here you go...

http://foreverpontiac.com/index.php?showtopic=1519

Gas FTMFL. gas is no fun. lol. plus im pretty sure mine could smoke alot of gas RCs haha. Plus you have to spend money for gas all the time when you can just buy like 2 or 3 Lipos and recharge them haha.

Gas FTMFL. gas is no fun. lol. plus im pretty sure mine could smoke alot of gas RCs haha. Plus you have to spend money for gas all the time when you can just buy like 2 or 3 Lipos and recharge them haha.

lol idk Ive never owned a Gas RC, I have heard that tuning can be a PITA

you kinda went and screwed yourself there. how can you say gas r/c sucks when you never owned one.

i own both gas and electric and they both have there advantages/disadvantages.

as far as tuning some engines are harder to tune and then there are ones that are really easy to tune.

Good point on buying gas haha, what else is wrong with having a gas RC car? haha

it kind of comes down to personal preference and what your looking to do with it. if your looking to use it as a crawler than electric would be the way to go. nitro's don't make good crawlers.

Cause I know alot of people that have owned gas RCs. and I go to RC shows and comps and hang out with Gas RC owners. thats why I can say that about Gas RCs. I mean truely Gas and electric both have pros and cons.

I almost bought a Gas RC many years ago but I wouldnt buy one now. After watching the Gas Buggy Races at motorama last year I wouldnt buy one. but again thats me. there cool but I dont like the sounds or smoke they put out. plus Im into Crawlers so I dont need speed haha. All depends on what you want to do.