Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward dream cruise

Next time we go to this I do not want to be a first responder.

Amen to that one brother!!!! I am just glad we had enough people in our group that were capable of taking care of these folks until help arrived though.

Yeah, otherwise it was a great day.

After notallthere and the Professor left, the burnoutss restarted. A bunch of youngsters started pouring water into the street and encouraging more aggressive burn outs. This ticked me off and I ignored it for awhile. Finally my tempure got the better of me. I went over to them and said, "Hey guys, mind if I give you a piece of advice? What you are doing is illegal. It is called Introducing a Foreign Substance to the Road. If God didn't put it there (i.e. rain) its illegal. If a cop sees you doing it, you will be ticketed between $200-500. Also, think about this. You are encouraging reckless driving in others. What happens if they loose control of the car because of this? The car either jumps the curb and comes into us spectators or it hits another car!!! Also, adding water will put more stress a normal drivetrain, possibly breaking an axle. Again, not a good thing. So please stop doing this for everyone's sake." They actually thanked me for telling them and not getting in their face about it. Trust me, I wanted to, big time!!!

So I guess you can be pissed off and civil at the same time. Damn hard to do sometimes.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats nothing. Fort street and telegraph cruise even more they have houses that are backed up to the road. Well needless to say, the rednecks with hoses had a blast. Everyone does a burnout with water...

Also, last year or two years ago a 57 chevy jumped the curb at the fort street cruise and hit like 10 people including 3 little kids.

Here is the article and a brief video about the accident - from the Oakland Press.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/20...03235066327.txt

What hurts even more about the Grand Prix for me is that it is a '67 - the only year that the Grand Prix had a convertible option. I hope this car is salvagible.

• Founders

Crazy, you would think that they would want people to come into their town and have a good time or spend their money freely in the town lol. I for sure am not a fan of tourists down here but I feel it is necessary for the businesses so I ignore it really

You mean the People's Republic of Royal Oak?

Almost no one I know have anything nice to say about Royal Oak - except for the great shade in Memorial Park.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.