Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward dream cruise

I will be with the Widetrackers at Widetrack and huron according to the form. I am looking forward to it. This will be the first one that I did not just drive up and down for a couple hours.

Where will you be? Hit me up for some bad jokes and BS.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, just show up and you can cruise Woodward. If you want to park and walk some of the car shows then you will be either paying to park like I did (35.00 for the weekend) or parking a couple blocks away. The thing is Woodward is a long street and I will probably only see about 25% of the entire cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

You are going to cruise WW?

LOL good luck. It's not only a v8 sausage fest, but it's a parking lot (unless you lap before breakfast).

As far as parking goes. You have to buy a spot if you park in someones spot. Such as starbucks or caribou coffee (where i could be). But public parking is fair game and they can't boot you. I've heard of people even parking their daily over night to ensure a spot...

It's a damn zoo. But i should be around until about 2pm then i got a party to go to... I may come back out after. It's to bad it can't be like fort street cruise and start on Thursday and last till Sunday night.

my Mum & Pop went 5 years ago and said it was amazing.

Trust me I am not going there to check out the V6's and four bangers. I prefer the V8's and the only reason why I am taking the Vibe is the Chevelle is no where near done and the truck is far from looking good. I paid for a parking spot with one of the local car clubs and I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to clean the damn car.

I can't wait to see you there buddy. I got my parking confimration too. Still not sure if I will have the convertible or the wife's Aztek there. Depends if I get my driving privledges back by then.

Cruisng Woodward is very doable on Friday. Saturday late morning and all afternoon it becomes the Woodward Dream Crawl in certain areas - closer to 12 and 13 Mile Roads.

Good I will drop you a line as to the hotel we are staying as well as John. Have you heard if Tony is still going to host a BBQ for the Saturday night.

I have not heard a word from Tony. The club has been invited to dinner with the local GTO club for a modest cost though.

I know if Tony is not having anything the boss wanted to go to a Cuban restaurant in Detroit so we may convince John to go there. Sent you the hotel information hope you got it.

That's pretty normal..at least the last few times I've been down there. During the cruise weekend they seem to make it 10pm.

That's pretty typical during WDC week. I try to be long gone before 10 pm on Saturday anyway.

notallthere - I sent you the Saturday lunch plan to you and John. I covered the cost of the chicken for you guys.

Don't forget that Satan's Chariot will be on the road too. The body is painted and there is some upholestry in it too. So we will have to try to catch up with DK too.

I think Dk will say that windows are over rated. I may know tonight. I might meet up with him at the Back to Brings cruise.

I have Friday off and I am trying to see if he will stop in Sarnia for some BS and coffee. The nut says he is driving from Montreal on Thursday and knowing him it is going to be straight through.

I've been going to Woodward for over 12 years and this is the first year that I've ever heard of an accident. Unfortunately, notallthere and I got to witness this accident. Three people out of five went to the hospital. One in the Grand Prix and two from the truck. No one was wearing their seat belts in either car. Now I can understand if the Grand Prix has no seat belts in it, if it was built that way (it was in the 60s that seat belts became mandatory but I am not certain what year that was).

The boys in the Ram pickup have no excuses. Neither were wearing their seat belts. The driver's steering wheel air bag did not deploy! Both guys hit the dash. The passenger side air bag did deploy but there was a massive crack in the dash like perhaps his head hit it. I am certain that if these two guys were wearing their selt belts, they would have walked away from this accident unscathed.

It was a stupid and reckless accident on both drivers. I suspect both drivers were trying to make it through the intersection on the yellow light. Fortunately for them, EMT, Police, and Fire departments were there in less that 15 minutes.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/20...03235066327.txt

It was a great day, good people to hang out with and a ton of pictures that will be posted later on this week.

Frosty electronically sent my application into POCI.

Next time we go to this I do not want to be a first responder.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.