Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

USPS rant

Ringo64

• Founders

USPS communication and services are absolutely ridiculous. Sent them a ticket and called on my mail after Hurricane Irma as I didn't receive any for over a week since the hold had been cancelled and expired but my parents and everyone else I talked to in Naples were. (I even saw the USPS truck driving around my neighborhood daily) No one ever responded but at least I got my mail last week.

Got emailed a survey about my "experience" with their support and one of the questions was "How promptly was I contacted after submitting the request?" and an option was "Never" (which I selected).

A. You know you have beyond poor customer service if you have to put "Never" as an option for a response in your survey.

B. After submitting that how was I not immediately contacted? Any business worth a damn and respects it's customers would do that.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders
2 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Constantly at war with my carrier.  Constantly leaving my mailbox door open and throwing my parcels at the front door. 

Crazy how little respect there is.

I tried to talk with the guy. Got nothin but smarta$$ with me.  Have filed 3 complaints so far.  Almost broke my front storm door glass, throwing a box of chainsaw parts I ordered from at least 10ft away.  His boss seemed outraged, but he's still on the job.

• Founders
5 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

I tried to talk with the guy. Got nothin but smarta$$ with me.  Have filed 3 complaints so far.  Almost broke my front storm door glass, throwing a box of chainsaw parts I ordered from at least 10ft away.  His boss seemed outraged, but he's still on the job.

Doubt you'll see him get fired. A mail carrier here was caught red handed on video throwing away mail (in a restaurant's dumpster mind you) and pretty sure she got a slap on the wrist till the local news stations tore into them.

I imagine there are some great postal carriers, Justa not mine! First they change daily, yet they're all the same. Come anywhere from 10 am to 7pm. Put mail in the mail boxes, does a loop around the cul-da-sac, takes mail out of one box puts it in an other. Or comes back from a street away to bring back mail. Ya I feel very secure that no one else is getting my mail and won't steal my identity!!:nuts: 

Edited by Last Indian

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, Ringo64 said:

USPS communication and services are absolutely ridiculous. Sent them a ticket and called on my mail after Hurricane Irma as I didn't receive any for over a week since the hold had been cancelled and expired but my parents and everyone else I talked to in Naples were. (I even saw the USPS truck driving around my neighborhood daily) No one ever responded but at least I got my mail last week.

Got emailed a survey about my "experience" with their support and one of the questions was "How promptly was I contacted after submitting the request?" and an option was "Never" (which I selected).

A. You know you have beyond poor customer service if you have to put "Never" as an option for a response in your survey.

B. After submitting that how was I not immediately contacted? Any business worth a damn and respects it's customers would do that.

The problem is this is not a business but rather a federal government agency that is not even a cabinet post anymore. So a business may worry about customer feedback, attitude, etc., government agencies don't have to. They have to fulfill their mission, but that does mean they have to be nice or cheerful to you and me while doing it.

I agree its not fair or right, but just think that they have fairly cut throat competition from virtually every commercial carrier and delivery service across the globe. So the worst thing that could happen to the USPS is for the fed's to privatize it.

• Like 1

• Founders
6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The problem is this is not a business but rather a federal government agency that is not even a cabinet post anymore. So a business may worry about customer feedback, attitude, etc., government agencies don't have to. They have to fulfill their mission, but that does mean they have to be nice or cheerful to you and me while doing it.

I agree its not fair or right, but just think that they have fairly cut throat competition from virtually every commercial carrier and delivery service across the globe. So the worst thing that could happen to the USPS is for the fed's to privatize it.

Agree. USPS is the one "government" agency ran without government funding though so you would think they would want to appease their customers to some degree. However, it's this weird half-breed that causes these problems. That and there's no real competition for the mail delivery portion so kind of SOL if you don't want to pay parcel prices for a letter/check/what-have-you

If the feds privatize or de-regulate the USPS I see several things happen almost all at once:

1. Letter postage would go up dramatically - thus hurting themselves in the long run

2. Pacel post rates / services would have to become competitive with FedEx, UPS, etc. rather quickly or face loosing substantial business.

3. Massive layoffs and a large consolidation of sorting centers and perhaps consolidation//closure of post office branches.

4. Pensions for existing postal workers would either have to be guaranteed by the federal government or they would face getting slashed / eliminated completely / converted to 401(k)/annuities.

5. Postal hours would have to eventually match customer expectations - including weekend hours (Saturday and Sunday).

• Founders
2 hours ago, Frosty said:

If the feds privatize or de-regulate the USPS I see several things happen almost all at once:

1. Letter postage would go up dramatically - thus hurting themselves in the long run

2. Pacel post rates / services would have to become competitive with FedEx, UPS, etc. rather quickly or face loosing substantial business.

3. Massive layoffs and a large consolidation of sorting centers and perhaps consolidation//closure of post office branches.

4. Pensions for existing postal workers would either have to be guaranteed by the federal government or they would face getting slashed / eliminated completely / converted to 401(k)/annuities.

5. Postal hours would have to eventually match customer expectations - including weekend hours (Saturday and Sunday).

Be crazy and probably a cold day in hell to see. 

• Like 1

My mail people suck too..Have for years..I try not to antagonize them too much..I really don't want to be the one that sets one of them off and causes them to impliment phase one of their planned slashing spree or whatever..That that they have been fantasizing about for years...and just waiting on the right set of circumstances....

It is called GOING POSTAL for a reason......

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Thanks 1

• Founders

And the fun continues... Expecting a package today via USPS (not my choice :( ) and the tracking says delivered but guess who doesn't have their package? 

• Founders
58 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Hey I saw my mailman do a loop around the cul-da-sac this afternoon, mail in one out of another than into another, I think it was your package!!:willy_nilly::nuts:  

Wouldn't be surprised if it was up there :lol:

• Founders
2 hours ago, Frosty said:

But hey, it was delivered.....somewhere in North America.

Your job. Find it.

latest?cb=20120108114156

For all I know it was closer to me before it shipped :lol: