Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tom Petty dead at 66

Ringo64

• Founders

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

This is just wrecking me. Big hurt to the music world and by far my favorite musician, pains me to see him go out so young and still very on-top of his "game" or very much at the best. Had the privilege of seeing him this year to make my 6th time seeing him live and what an amazing show. Heard songs from the archive that just blew me away live.

• Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is a sad day indeed. A great musician to be sure has left us way too soon.

RIP Tom Petty.

It also means another Traveling Wilbury is gone. First it was Lefty (Roy Orbison), then it was Nelson (George Harrison), and now Charlie T. Jr. (Tom). All that is left is Otis and Lucky (Jeff Lynne and Bob Dylan respectively). 

Edited by Frosty

• Founders

They have since pulled the "confirmed" dead part of the articles as that was incorrect but still grim last i heard on Tom Petty radio on SiriusXM. 

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It also means another Traveling Wilbury is gone. First it was Lefty (Roy Orbison), then it was Nelson (George Harrison), and now Charlie T. Jr. (Tom). All that is left is Otis and Lucky (Jeff Lynne and Bob Dylan respectively). 

Was thinking that too :(

• Founders
Just now, Frosty said:

I heard that he was dead period. Not sure where all the uncertainty lie.

Supposedly CBS reported and cited LAPD but that was incorrect as LAPD came out to say. Other reporters cited that as well. I haven't heard a definitive statement since.

Right now the news outlets are saying he has been taken off life support. There appears to be no brain activity according to PEOPLE.com.

When it first came out, I made the obvious leap to point out that his band name predicted this.  Nearly drowned in the wave of 'too soon' ... but it's still funny .. at least as funny as death gets