Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I would flip! I can't stand owners like that. If you like the car or not, there is just the fact that they need to be maintained and cared for as we trust them with our safety.

On a lighter note, random picture time. I'm still playing with Instagram and having lots of fun with it.

Judgerearquartershot.jpg

• 1 month later...

A little while ago Judge went back into hiding while the weather was bad. Today he came out of hiding again.

P1040578.jpg

A quick rinse and some fresh gas were given before getting home, and hopefully tomorrow I'll get to take it to work and clean it up a bit more.

P1040583.jpg

On the agenda today was to clean the engine and bay some. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't clean. At the same time I was also able to give the whole car a wash to remove the remaining dirt that resulted from it sitting.

20120605_170121.jpg

The first and second picture in each pair are before and after, respectively.

P1040605.jpg

P1040618.jpg

P1040604.jpg

P1040616.jpg

P1040596.jpg

P1040615.jpg

I still have to replace some clips here and there, for the washer fluid tank and the plastic covers.

The interior doesn't need too much attention but I managed to give the driver's floor mat and footwell a quick shampoo during my lunch break. Overall it's pretty good.

P1040607.jpg

Still getting lots of compliments on it for its condition too. icon_smile.gif

Cleaned up really nice, looking great!

:ditto:

I work as a detailer (at a Ford dealer) already, good start I think. I have had people asking me if I would clean their cars...

Come to Canada and we will. Cars get filthy here. :lol2:

I work as a detailer (at a Ford dealer) already, good start I think. I have had people asking me if I would clean their cars...

Include me! I detail and clean cars most people would never own. :lol:

Okay! I went crazy on my Sunfire in early May and tore the entire interior out to clean everything. Mark shampooed and steam cleaned the seats, I vacuumed and washed the whole interior, engine back, trunk, and we washed, polished and waxed the whole exterior. Mmm.

• Founders

Okay! I went crazy on my Sunfire in early May and tore the entire interior out to clean everything. Mark shampooed and steam cleaned the seats, I vacuumed and washed the whole interior, engine back, trunk, and we washed, polished and waxed the whole exterior. Mmm.

I know of a G6 that would appreciate this very much :D

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to put up a detailed timeline of this car on another forum, so I just spent the past couple hours going through this whole thread to copy text and pictures.

I needed the reminder to myself of just how much this car and I have been through. Especially the adventures last summer of trying to determine how I'd keep the car alive and running when more rust was popping up.

As the car sits it still is awaiting a tear-down and repair, but fortunately nothing (except for one spot, I'll mention that) is urgent. I'm watching it though, but overall the car seems to be in better health than when it went away into storage.

There is a spot of rust behind the driver's tail light which needs to go first. I've got to arrange a time with a friend of ours to head over to his workshop and pull out the cutting wheels and welder. Overall though, the car is alive and well and just today in fact, put a smile on my face. It's been a rather stressful couple of days for me, but a quick sprint in Judge just happened to make everything else seem less important. This car is still my buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was productive.

Coming up soon - August 5th - is a big local show and shine hosted by some friends of mine. Both the Grand Prix and the Focus have been registered, so now's the time to hurry up and cross items off of the to-do lists for each.

Last night I picked up the GP's summer wheels from the storage bin (July and I'm still on winters, that's a record) as they are one item on said list. Today a couple of friends came over to my house, and with supplies in hand we got to work.

P1060415.jpg

Three of us had split the cost and picked up a large can of Plastidip. We borrowed a spray gun and redid a few sets of wheels. My Crosslaces were the last to be done.

P1060419.jpg

P1060417.jpg

The black CRX already had its wheels done, as well as an Integra.

P1060421.jpg

With no time to get the wheels professionally redone, it was Plastidip to the rescue. I only need this to last temporarily anyway.

20120714_140546.jpg

P1060416.jpg

At this point the coats are almost done. I need to pick up a spray can or two to finish off a few spots that are still a bit thin, but we used up the rest of the can so this was as far as we could get today. Regardless, they are well on their way to being done and are one of the last updates to make to the GP.