Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

I may not even be using them this year, but I will keep them set side for the future. I have an alternative I may explore. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates:

Thursday I should be making a trip out to our body shop to drop off a couple of small parts for the GP. Nothing major, just maintenance and a minor update for 2012.

The front grill would have been going too, but the screws are completely rusted in place so that sucker's staying put. I'll have to mask it off and airbrush it or something at a later date.

The replacement driver's mirror is getting painted so it can go on, as is the rear valence, since it was looking rather beat-up. Hopefully they won't take too long.

P1020959.jpg

Dude. Duuuuuuuuuude! I love your commitment, man! That's a sharp sharp ride, much respect. Congrats and keep at it, make it yours.

FWIW I drive a 95 GP GTP, which used to look pretty great, but I hate to say I've let her slide over the past few years. But seeing beauties like yours and so many of the other sweet Pontiacs here is really inspiring. Thanks.

Rims too? :lol:

Sorry, no. Those are still sitting in the garage. I have other plans this year regarding wheels. :)

Dude. Duuuuuuuuuude! I love your commitment, man! That's a sharp sharp ride, much respect. Congrats and keep at it, make it yours.

FWIW I drive a 95 GP GTP, which used to look pretty great, but I hate to say I've let her slide over the past few years. But seeing beauties like yours and so many of the other sweet Pontiacs here is really inspiring. Thanks.

Thank you! The ol' GP may annoy me at times but I won't ever let myself give up on it. This car will stay with me forever. It's a struggle at times but I'm proud to say it's still running strong.

Also, good news! The parts are ready, I got an email from the body shop today. One week turnaround and a slight discount to boot, I'm happy. I will *try* to pick them up tomorrow, I have a break for at least a couple of hours during the day at university which would be enough time to run out to the shop and back.

' timestamp='1333577295' post='69731']

All this GP really needs is a cammed LX9, with a 282 Getrag five speed.

A 5-speed would be epic, but look at how long suspension is taking! Can you imagine how long a swap would be waiting? :lol2:

Plus, I want to keep ol' Judge original in respect to the big things, like paint/panels and drivetrain.

And Moar low!!

I know, stupid coilovers.

So, parts! I was able to pick them up this afternoon. They went to the same body shop that painted the Thunderbird, they're the people we look to for pretty much everything that needs to be painted.

P1030050.jpg

The new mirror which has been sitting for too long finally has a fresh coat of white, so it can go on at some point when I feel like pulling the old one off.

P1030061.jpg

And, the rear lip was also sent for paint as it was looking rather tired and needed refreshing.

P1030056.jpg

AND IT'S WHITE. Finally had it colour-matched. Now to install these when I pick up some new hardware and have some time.

After dinner with some friends tonight we headed a block over to our old high school for old time's sake. I happened to have the GP with me, so afterwards I headed back over to the old student parking lot to quickly recreate a picture I took on the last day of high school which is one of my favourite pictures of the car, even to this day. I then took the same route home that I did in high school, which was kind of cool. It's only been three years but it was neat imitating the drive home.

2009:

P1080959.jpg

2012:

JudgeatWestern2012.jpg

And you'll note the rear lip isn't on yet. Still need to pick up hardware but I won't have a chance to install it for a little while.

This afternoon I installed the rear lip to get it out of the garage. It definitly took less time compared to when I originally installed it. :lol2:

P1030107.jpg

P1030110.jpg

P1030115.jpg

P1030121.jpg

Next up the new mirror has to go on, when I have the time to swap it over.

Nice she looks great!!!

why new mirrors?

Just the driver's actually. The current one has a broken mounting stud (my fault, I smacked it on the garage door frame when backing out one day. Whoops.). It's not loose or anything, but I know the damage is there so it's getting replaced.

i wish i could get my 95 lesabre back so i could do what you're doing i wanted to keep my first car

Exactly why Judge will never go anywhere. Having grown up with this car I couldn't stand to see it go. Seeing someone else driving it around, not knowing what was happening to it would be wrong.

In the last picture, the vehicle behind is our '93 Suburban. It and the GP were both bought new by my parents in early '93, and they're both still very much active and being regularly used. Given the choice, it'll stay that way for a long time to come, too. :)

a friend bought it i can't even stand the state of it the front seat is broke all the doors on the inside are shot up with bb's. every panel has a dent in it he just randomly punches and kicks it. the brake broke so he folded it over and vice gripped it. and ran it completely out of coolant.

305277_2367817364037_1508540397_2636636_1440722374_n.jpg

179280_1807482716021_1508540397_1912747_3098835_n.jpg]

this is how it looked when i had it debadged grill white running lights and all

A 95 Bonnie was my first car. I always wanted to do so much to it but was always limited due to money/knowledge/skill level. Where as most people would move on once they get any of those two. I didn't.

So many people say they're going to keep such and such car forever but they give up. I think we're that 1%.

• Founders

a friend bought it i can't even stand the state of it the front seat is broke all the doors on the inside are shot up with bb's. every panel has a dent in it he just randomly punches and kicks it. the brake broke so he folded it over and vice gripped it. and ran it completely out of coolant.

Even if I absolutely had to own a POS import that I absolutely despise, I don't think I could treat it that badly.