Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

He was putting a lightbulb in. :P

It has intakes, high-flow cats, an exhaust, and front strut bar, along with a couple other things.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plz tell me that silver and pink s2000 belongs to a hot chick

I'm pretty sure it was a guy. Either way, it's just pink tape on the front lip.

' date='Apr 24 2011, 09:31 PM' post='53074']

Your GP just seems so out of place there, no offense. :)

Yeah, I know. Domestic + stock height. :)

My friend with the Camaro and I were counting, there were only 4 or so domestics total that showed up throughout the night. Parts will start going on the GP now though so it'll be farther along at each meet or two. This week the side diffusers will be new, and maybe wheels the week after.

Very nice work on your GP.. I don't see too many of those around anymore.

Thanks! I enjoy having an uncommon car, I like standing out. :dancingpontiac:

UPDATE: Side Diffusers

During Thursday's car club install day we were able to get the driver's side piece on, and today the other was installed.

The side skirts feature a few drain holes, so I started by marking where they were so that I would remember to not cover them up with the molding tape. The tape was run along the outer bottom edge of the skirt to hold the diffuser in place.

P1130653.jpg

P1130654.jpg

One small adjustment I had to make was to trim the forward edge of the diffuser to clear a metal tab under the fender. Other than that it went right on.

P1130656.jpg

Once it was on a few bolts were added along the inner edge to secure it to the car, and that was it.

P1130658.jpg

P1130660.jpg

P1130661.jpg

P1130662.jpg

P1130666.jpg

P1130668.jpg

P1130674.jpg

And, a random shot to finish off.

P1130667.jpg

Thanks guys!

While the car was up in the air today I also went ahead and test-fit a wheel on the back. I'm hoping to start repainting these in the next few days.

GPrearWheelTest.jpg

Great work on the diffusers! :)

and I love the sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one. :)

P1130668.jpg

Thank you guys! To be honest I'm amazed at the positive feedback the car's getting, I think it's loved the most on this forum, compared to anywhere else. 5 stars is an honour. :lol:

and I love the sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one. :rofl:

A friend of mine makes them. Just recently my mother and I picked up some more from him for the GP and her Thunderbird. I can PM you his website.

Mike: I don't know at this point to be honest. :lol2: I'm at least focusing on wheels right now, as long as the weather holds this weekend I plan to paint most or all of them. I'm really hoping to have tires mounted early next week so that the wheels can be on for the weekly meet on Wednesday night.

Luis: Thanks! The car actually just got me a job I think, so apparently it does pay to prevent an older car from falling into a state of dis-repair. :lol: A former co-worker recommended me for a detailing position because he remembered how well I took care of the Grand Prix.

Not to mention, an increase in income means I can get a few bigger things for the car that I've wanted.

Apparently. :D

Even if the job does leave me dead tired at the end of the day...

Speaking of the job, this was in the employee parking lot today, so of course I parked next to it.

GPatMetroe.jpg

In other news, tonight I paid for some new dogbone engine mounts (Adjustable) and a free set of center caps are coming with, so I'll see what I can do with them. They need work, but;

A ) They're free

B ) My Crosslaces have none.

That is all.

• Founders

Nice! There's this 90's gen Firebird at work that I'm assuming is a project car because it's not there everyday but when the guy drives it he always tries to park next to me. I don't know who it is though, been trying to find out now for a while. Guess I just have to put a flyer on his windscreen.

Very cool though!