Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1992 Grand Prix Progression

psychic? well, i was close. i was going with psycho. :D jk. :lol: you and your lil secrets.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, because you haven't? :D Don't feel too bad, many people don't even know they're coming.

They'll be here soon enough.

Umm, because you haven't? :lol: Don't feel too bad, many people don't even know they're coming.

Hmmm... that somewhat makes sense... :D<_<

They'll be here soon enough.

But that's not soon enough ! :angry:

Anyway, I'm sure you chose wisely. :angry:

Well thank you! I think they should go rather nicely with the car. :lol:

In other news, the snow has finally cleared off of the road in front of my house so I was able to take some quick measurements regarding my ground clearance as I pull into the driveway.

It looks like I should have plenty of room.

But if I try to pull in straight, my bumper will NOT survive. :D

After meeting with a friend today for a lunchtime car club 'staff' meeting, I went and took a few pictures of the GP since it's clean. The roads are clearing and the weather is getting better so hopefully it'll stay this way now.

Nothing spectacular, just snapshots of the car in its current state.

P1130286.jpg

P1130310.jpg

P1130313e.jpg

I love this car. :)

This car is gorgeous. Do want!

Aw, shucks. B)

The other day I emptied my sticker drawer to see what I had on hand...I like to change up the decals on the car from time to time just as an inexpensive way to keep it changing. I didn't think I had so many-and this is NOT all of them.

P1130318.jpg

Twenty = Ricer. :lol:

Wheels are here!

P1130323e.jpg

After plenty of searching and waiting, I was able to get my hands on the exact set I wanted...

P1130326.jpg

...OEM Grand Prix coupe Crosslaces.

P1130330.jpg

I'll have to wait for some free time when I can jack up the Grand Prix and pull off a couple of wheels for some test-fitting, but it should be pretty aggressive when combined with the coilovers. These measure 16x8 +25, while my stock wheels are 16x6.5 +38.

P1130334.jpg

Now obviously these wheels need some refinishing, but that was my plan regardless of their condition because I won't be keeping them black/polished. They'll be different before getting tires mounted.

VERY Nice choice. (see sig) :woot:

I bought a gold set for $200 shipped, repolished the lips and had them powdercoated black.

The ET is 22ish correct?

Edit just saw the 25. Nice.

I knew you'd like them. :D

Coincidentally these were $200 (CDN) shipped, and were originally gold as well. They were painted black by a previous owner on the forum I found them through. They're apparently well-travelled among the forum members. :woot:

Are you keeping them black? I think white with a polished lip would rock on your car. Might be hard to keep clean but may be worth it.

Oh yes, I have a plan. :woot:

Hopefully I'll have some time soon once school and work ease up so that I can strip these and get to work. Suspension will still go on first though, as I'll have to roll the fenders so the wheels will go on after the height is set.