• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

360...Glad you had the chance to check and found some new power in the deal as well.   ;)

Last Indian....your gonna be everybodys hero soon.:D

It's amazing what a couple of simple adjustments can do....

• Like 1

With any luck this weekend, I hope to give Lucy an over due tune-up. Excellent advise 360.

Last Indian, I support what JUSTA said. Kudos to you and your generosity.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Last Indian said:

360 if you need a timing light I have a spare and I don't use either anymore since, as I've explained to Justa, the wife's allergies are why to bad to go back to the older ones, she needs cabin air filters. 

So if you want I could send you one, there good units. Battery clips and mag pickup.

Dude you are my hero, After having 2 that had issues, I would love to have one where everything is working. Let me at least pay for shipping? Thank you so much!

Now I took the GTO to work this morning and wouldn't you know? I forgot to adjust the mixture screws so at every stoplight I would get a stumble and a stall. I also had a hard time keeping it running and getting it out of the garage even after the engine came up to full temp. So I got her home, adjusted the screws and it ran like crap. So then I got out MY timing light that has no inductor clip but an alligator clip so I have to stick a paper clip up in spark plug wire #1 and keep moving it into a position that doesn't short out on the block. The timing light I borrowed yesterday had a bad connection at the base of the gun and was intermittent. So I ended up adding back +4 degrees of initial timing and got rid of the idle and stumbling issue at operating temperature. So I guess I will see how it is to start and warm up on my next trip out. It's been years since I have had to "tune" a car so this stuff and the tricks of tuning are coming back to me slowly. I guess it helps to do this on a consistent basis to remember all that's needed to perform a complete tune .

LAST INDIAN !!! It doesn't get any better than a Craftsman tool for me! Perfect. You are a true gentleman and the ultimate indian warrior!

Thank you again my friend!

• Like 1

360, I will get this sent out this coming week! You are most welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

360, I will get this sent out this coming week! You are most welcome!

I am truly blessed to have good Pontiac friends here! If there is any way I can return the favor for you or any of you guys on the site please don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

I should also extend a shoot out to JUSTA for helping me diagnose the convertible top switch and helping to make sure the top was up before leaving Sellers on Sunday!

Thanks buddy!. :clapping:

• Like 1

Always have your back buddy.  

justa want you to put your top back on...LOL i missed my favorite show and friends.

16 minutes ago, Joe Carrier said:

justa want you to put your top back on...LOL i missed my favorite show and friends.

Was lookin for ya all day!  Missed your chance at another chair!!!  LOL

10 hours ago, Joe Carrier said:

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Was lookin for ya all day!  Missed your chance at another chair!!!  LOL

Yeah, Joe. We even had cold beverages for ya' too.

360, sorry, stupid me I forgot to write down your shipping info and I understand why it's gone. So if you can one more time please? I'll keep watch and let you know when I have it! My mistake!

Edited by Last Indian

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

360, sorry, stupid me I forgot to write down your shipping info and I understand why it's gone. So if you can one more time please? I'll keep watch and let you know when I have it! My mistake!

360    I will send info in an Email to Last Indian.

10 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

360    I will send info in an Email to Last Indian.

DONE