Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New Found Power.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

360 if you need a timing light I have a spare and I don't use either anymore since, as I've explained to Justa, the wife's allergies are why to bad to go back to the older ones, she needs cabin air filters. 

So if you want I could send you one, there good units. Battery clips and mag pickup.

• Like 2

With any luck this weekend, I hope to give Lucy an over due tune-up. Excellent advise 360.

Last Indian, I support what JUSTA said. Kudos to you and your generosity.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Last Indian said:

360 if you need a timing light I have a spare and I don't use either anymore since, as I've explained to Justa, the wife's allergies are why to bad to go back to the older ones, she needs cabin air filters. 

So if you want I could send you one, there good units. Battery clips and mag pickup.

Dude you are my hero, After having 2 that had issues, I would love to have one where everything is working. Let me at least pay for shipping? Thank you so much!

Now I took the GTO to work this morning and wouldn't you know? I forgot to adjust the mixture screws so at every stoplight I would get a stumble and a stall. I also had a hard time keeping it running and getting it out of the garage even after the engine came up to full temp. So I got her home, adjusted the screws and it ran like crap. So then I got out MY timing light that has no inductor clip but an alligator clip so I have to stick a paper clip up in spark plug wire #1 and keep moving it into a position that doesn't short out on the block. The timing light I borrowed yesterday had a bad connection at the base of the gun and was intermittent. So I ended up adding back +4 degrees of initial timing and got rid of the idle and stumbling issue at operating temperature. So I guess I will see how it is to start and warm up on my next trip out. It's been years since I have had to "tune" a car so this stuff and the tricks of tuning are coming back to me slowly. I guess it helps to do this on a consistent basis to remember all that's needed to perform a complete tune .

Glad to help, really what good is a timing light setting on a shelf doing nothing?

360 I just need to know where you want it sent, shippings no big deal. Besides after seeing what bitch Irma did to you, that's enough to take care of.

it might be old, but it is a good one.

IMG_0532.JPG

• Like 2

LAST INDIAN !!! It doesn't get any better than a Craftsman tool for me! Perfect. You are a true gentleman and the ultimate indian warrior!

Thank you again my friend!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

360, I will get this sent out this coming week! You are most welcome!

I am truly blessed to have good Pontiac friends here! If there is any way I can return the favor for you or any of you guys on the site please don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

360, I learned a long time ago when folks helped me and my family out in a time of need, I was humbled and grateful. It made me want to pay if forward. So if you see someone whom you can help....do it ! That will be reward enough for me at least. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Frosty said:

With any luck this weekend, I hope to give Lucy an over due tune-up. Excellent advise 360.

Last Indian, I support what JUSTA said. Kudos to you and your generosity.

My plans to give Lucy a tune-up this weekend  went up in flames. My wife was suppose to be out of town until Saturday night. I ended up getting a text message from my boy late Saturday morning saying that they (the wife, the kid and mom-in-law) were on their way back home because my wife had been up all night on a work related called and she was still on it at 11:00 a.m. She needed her work PC, which she hadn't expected to take with her on Friday night when she left the house. So now I was going to have a house full of people. So much for peace and quiet to work on the car.

Oh and to add insult to injury, while at the Sellers show on Sunday with JUSTA, we determined that my power switch on my convertible top has also failed. It would go down but not up. JUSTA rigged a quick jumper wire to the back of the switch and we got the top up. Lucky I had already ordered a new switch and I have it to install. This weekend I expect to install the new switch as my first priority and then do the tune up. 

• Like 2

I should also extend a shoot out to JUSTA for helping me diagnose the convertible top switch and helping to make sure the top was up before leaving Sellers on Sunday!

Thanks buddy!. :clapping:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Carrier said:

justa want you to put your top back on...LOL i missed my favorite show and friends.

Was lookin for ya all day!  Missed your chance at another chair!!!  LOL

10 hours ago, Joe Carrier said:

justa want you to put your top back on...LOL i missed my favorite show and friends.

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Was lookin for ya all day!  Missed your chance at another chair!!!  LOL

Yeah, Joe. We even had cold beverages for ya' too.

360, sorry, stupid me I forgot to write down your shipping info and I understand why it's gone. So if you can one more time please? I'll keep watch and let you know when I have it! My mistake!

Edited by Last Indian

• Founders

360, sorry, stupid me I forgot to write down your shipping info and I understand why it's gone. So if you can one more time please? I'll keep watch and let you know when I have it! My mistake!

I would suggest using the Personal Message feature for this kind of information so that it is only used by yourself :) . We will normally delete any personal information like this that is not secure to protect users.

• Like 2

360    I will send info in an Email to Last Indian.

You are the man Justa, thanks! Sorry for the delay 360, but as a bonus, well maybe it's not, I'm also sending an old TRW tach/dwell meter. Should get to Fedx tomorrow!

Hoka Hey!

Ringo thanks for your help as well! Hope things are getting back to normal!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1