Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
  • Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Nsay40

Grandprix Gt 02

Question

So I have been fighting with this car ever since I got it. Engine is 3800 series 2. Engine code p0300. The problem is my cat keeps getting clogged. I've replaced upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, cleaned throttle, new throttle gasket, cleaned injectors, new injector o rings, new thermastat, and gaskets. New air filter, new plugs and wires, new coils, new icm. Cleaned maf, new fuel filter, new coolant elbows, and a new universal cat that was only 3 months ago and is now clogged. My last cat was clogged entirely nothing but black sludge. So I fixed all the coolant leaks and added new cat and the car was running brand new now it's showing symptoms of being clogged again. It runs real cool on the highway but when I get into the city with stop and go traffic it overheats with the Guage fluctuating and performance drops. Maybe my fan isn't cooling my engine? Idk. Any advice would be appreciative.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Topics

• Similar Content

• By nac46
      1962 Catalina frame has rust through forward of driver's rear wheel where frame ties into lift pad. Slight creak when moving car. Is there any way to repair the area? Otherwise car, is good. Thank you.
    • By CALemans1969
      My Lemans has had this problem for some time now and i can't seem to figure out where it comes from. Anytime i go in reverse and turn the wheel counter clock wise to a certain degree i'll hear a grinding noise. The wheels don't seem to be rubbing and i'll take any advice i can get because i'm ready to try anything to get rid of this incessant noise. Thanks in advance!
    • By steveeoaktree
      Hey here y'all I reckon I should post the interior work that I am finally getting around to here... Just in case y'all haven't seen the state of the interior I'll post a cpl pics. The trim that goes from the "fisher" area to the headliner literally has mostly just eroded away... the best way that I can put it. Dingy white interior with a split bench and no carpet or headliner as well as a hole needing pan replacement. I found some goodies at the Local junkyard such as the entire left side panels, both "body by fisher" pieces, all of the headliner trim, and all of the trim that connects it together as well. Both black visors too. ( for 40 bucks) I am returning Thursday (next day off) to get both buckets, the console and shifter, and both sets of door hinges to rebuild. I am also going to TRY to get the headliner out without damaging it as it's in perfect condition. The buckets will need totally restored, but no biggie- there all there, back vinyl trim covers and all. So I sanded and painted all of the vertical trim as some were very faded and brittle and will post those as well. More updates later fellas!! Thanks for reading.

Stevee

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.