Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hurricane Irma

Ringo64

The remnants of Hurricane Irma has made it to Michigan today. At lunch time, as I was walking between buildings here in Lansing, it started raining briefly.

I can't believe that b*tch Irma spit on me!!!!! :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Lots of vegetation damage. Looks like you got away pretty much unscathed. Congratulations bud!

Any slight damage or loosen on the house? Any water intrusion or spoiled food?

Mostly important - how's the GTO?!?!?   Tell Don Keefe I said that too please !

• Founders

We just got internet back here in Orlando.

Headed back in the morning to Naples. No power, water or internet yet at my place. No exterior damage, had a friend go look that was there. Hoping no leaking roof or anything else. Not looking forward to going in the attic with no A.C. 

16 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

We just got internet back here in Orlando.

Headed back in the morning to Naples. No power, water or internet yet at my place. No exterior damage, had a friend go look that was there. Hoping no leaking roof or anything else. Not looking forward to going in the attic with no A.C. 

Least you have a place to go back to.

• Like 2

Yeah very little damage, I have a couple of fence sections to replace from wind and fallen trees, a couple of pool patio screens blown out, lost my ice cream collection but all in all a very light hit. I'll be hard pressed to face another storm like i did when I lived down south with Hurricane Andrew. I agree with everyone when you say we were blessed and lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 360Rocket said:

Yeah very little damage, I have a couple of fence sections to replace from wind and fallen trees, a couple of pool patio screens blown out, lost my ice cream collection but all in all a very light hit. I'll be hard pressed to face another storm like i did when I lived down south with Hurricane Andrew. I agree with everyone when you say we were blessed and lucky.

Thanks excellent news my friend.

BTW I sent an email Don Keefe to see how he's doing.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Thanks excellent news my friend.

BTW I sent an email Don Keefe to see how he's doing.

Did you try calling him? I'll check on him as well. he might be ready to move back after this experience,HA!

No I didn't try calling him. I figured he'd email,when he was good and ready.

You may have a point there partner!?!

Edited by Frosty

• Founders

My house is good! No damage but still no power. Over at my parents place as they have power. Parent's had more damage, mostly their pool screen, lost a support beam and screens. Some small things in the house which need to be inspected but overall not causing any further damage or threatening the house.

We're in a boil water notice and the sewage lifts were impacted so they don't want us flushing toliets, taking showers, laundry, etc... or things may start to come back up.

Gas is in short supply but not bad. Only had to wait 25 minutes today in line.

Grocery stores are open and life is slowly getting normal again.

• Founders
2 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Happy to see that you and Rocket 360. Made it  thru with minimal damage and everyone OK.....

Everyone I know is doing well, just shattered nerves and stomachs from stress :lol:

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

So any ETA on power restoration Ringo? What's the scope with the sewers? Seems to me the house is okay, you just can't live in it yet.

Power company is stating all my county by September 22nd. That's probably conservative but we'll see. My parents have power so least I'm not in the dark.

Something with the sewer lift got damaged in the storm and others did not have power so if a bunch of water came back over it, extreme backup would go out. That's what we're told, who knows the extent of the actual problem lol.

Exactly, both our houses are livable. Important thing :)

• Like 1

• Founders
1 minute ago, JUSTA6 said:

No mention of the cars?????   Or did you flee in the Pontiac?

Cars are both safe and sound. G6 stayed at home and took the Camaro when we left. Camaro is a little dirty, otherwise fine even though it was outside in Orlando during the storm.

34 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Cars are both safe and sound. G6 stayed at home and took the Camaro when we left. Camaro is a little dirty, otherwise fine even though it was outside in Orlando during the storm.

Whew...Glad your OK too.:lol:

• Haha 1