Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

54 Star Chief moves to Canada

Hey gang! Picked up this '54 last summer. Looks and runs great. Original bill of sale in mint from Montana. Brought up from Florida years ago. Found it in a small town.  Another Northern Ontario winter project for me. A much different beast than I'm used to being younger than the car. Looking forward to some expertise knowledge around here. I'm going to wait for the shop manuals to arrive before asking too many questions. Already can't wait for next summer!

IMG_6532.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What I see is no bondo on the body. New generator, starter, carb and voltage regulator. Just needed a battery to get her going. Put in a new water pump and a thermostat that it never had along with a new manifold gasket. There's a leak in the front of the engine so I suspect timing chain gasket and seal. I noticed leaking at the rear brakes so I'm thinking axle seals. I would like to change the entire brake system to new.  The tires are mint as well as the underbody.  Other than that it's all stock. Found a mouse nest under the back seat and also was infested with ants. It was damp and mouldy. I've since been drying the begeebers out of it. It's gonna need a new headliner, carpet and some paint inside. The clock and radio even works as well at the hood emblem that lights up! haha.  I'm not making this a show car but a cool one to take on those Sunday drives that will  be safe and comfortable! 

IMG_6495 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 8:31 PM, notallthere said:

Nice car.  Now you can take it to the Davinci's cruise night.

??? how you know dat ???

Ontario is a big province. Thunder Bay vs. Sarnia. Only a little under1,300 km away from each other and still in the same province. Gotta love it.

11 hours ago, Summershandy said:

??? how you know dat ???

Mom's side of the family is from there (she moved away in 1968).  I just got back from being there for a week as it was my Grandparents funeral.   So we toured around and hiked Mt McKay and the falls.  It was nice to be up there after 25 years.

11 hours ago, notallthere said:

Mom's side of the family is from there (she moved away in 1968).  I just got back from being there for a week as it was my Grandparents funeral.   So we toured around and hiked Mt McKay and the falls.  It was nice to be up there after 25 years.

My condolences. Glad you came for a visit. Place has changed a bit. lol

Thanks for the condolences and yes the place has changed a bit.  We did go to the Davinci's car show and had a great time.  I do have to get there more than every 25 years.

Beautiful find!  Congrat's Summershandy!   Went to reply to Notallthere's grandparents and found my post to you unsubmitted.  

On 8/31/2017 at 8:25 PM, notallthere said:

Sorry to hear about your grandparents.  Was wondering why you were so quiet around here.