• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Hi. I'm working on getting the original hood back on my Tempest. There's a fiberglass hood on there now. I'm struggling with the pop up spring. Can anyone tell me the proper mounting procedure? The shop manual has no information about it, and the car was missing this hardware so I'm starting from scratch.

I'm unsure if the spring goes on top of the fascia, with bolts through the spring loops & into fascia. When doing this, the spring won't budge, and the bolts pop right out of the body clips.
Another option I've tried is having the spring go through the ends of the body clips?  Does anything need to go under the fascia?  Here are two photos -- is either method correct? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3873.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

i used a bolt through that little loop and another nut on the bottom to hold it down, worked fine for me