• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Blue Tempy    2

Hi everyone. A few months ago, I came into possession of a '68 Tempest Sport Coupe. This car is very special to my family because it was bought new by my wife's grandfather. It ended up sitting covered and unmoved for the last 27 years. My in-laws were kind enough to let me have it. I did a few weeks of prep work and got it running. It moves & stops under its own power, though I have more work to do before it's road worthy. Looking forward to interacting with the group. I'll share what little knowledge I have, and I'll be asking some questions.  Here are two shots -- one is the car right before I started working on it, and the second is how it looks now.

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Frosty    462

Welcome to FP.

Nice looking Tempest. It's amazing what a simple bath can do to a car.  At this point, I don't see a whole lot of rust or rot - on the outside.  I see this is also a post-car and not a coupe.

So what have you done so far to get it running and what are your plans for the future.?We don't mind you asking questions, even if, to you, they may seem dumb. This how we all learn. I own a '72 LeMans Sport convertible myself.

Ringo64    288

:welcomeFP:

Amazing Tempest! Love hearing family stories like that. Good luck and look forward to seeing you around.

JUSTA6    240

Amazing....Looks in great shape overall.  Good Luck N have fun with it.