Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

69 bonneville dash lights

Hi again back with more questions.I finally able to run the car last and ran great but I had no dash lights blinkers worked and all not but nothing on the dash so figured easy fix stopped and picked up some bulbs but the problem a way different type then what I thought.I thought it would a plug out put new bulb in and nothing to it but seem there is no socket but a sold light.Doesn't plug into anything so am wondering how it complete the circuit? does it run against that small plate that is on back of dash? Just wondering since I never seen one that had to wires to it.Thanks 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Your explanation is a little ambiguous! Can you show a picture? I'm only guessing, but possibly the gage cluster is the printed type with wireless sockets you remove from the back, than remove the bayonet type bulb and put in a new one. That said, all of the dash lights out at once would indicate to me a fuse/relay etc., not a bulb.

Hi...yes that is the type I have after looking at it more.Thought maybe a fuse but the car guy told me when checked them said they were all good.My turn signal's do work went and bought new bulbs and try it..Wondering if that is the type if one bulb is bad will others not work?And if still not working will change out the relay.I am thinking the car has sat for so long and who ever had just let things go..

Do all the Gage's work? If it's not a fuse or relay it is likely a ground or corrosion. Check the plug in the back of the gage cluster for bad wires or connections. Also check at the fuse block as well. Still doubt that all light bulbs are bad.

Hi yes the turn signals work but just the dash lights don't not sure why but who ever had it before me didn't have any lights at all in gas gauge or clock it feels like they take pig tails and found two wires hanging I did order new connectors today hoping the old ones are corroded .Pretty sure will take it to a wire guy to find out what is what if this doesn't work

Went and looked this morning and found two pig tails hanging with no bulbs so now I know about the clock and gas gauge.Traced the wire hanging and why they used a with and not a speaker wire for the radio I have no idea.The car guy left a couple of wires and a plug and found they went to the radio and as far as I know it doesn't work but going to plug it into the fuse box and see if any power but do have a new one.But know that I went though the OPI  I seen that they come with a dashboard circuit board and wondering if that could be the problem not so much around the turn signals but more in the center for the dash lights?And wondering how do you check it or even install a new one?